GUN Just bought new OD G19 *pics*

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Didact, Sep 10, 2007.

1. Didact

Didact I have no idea what I'm doing

Hard to tell with the lighting... but it's got the olive green frame. $470 before taxes and state fees.

[​IMG]

Not willing to just let it sit before I head to the range today, time to swap the extended mag release I had on my 23 to the new 19.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

SS guiderod with spring from the old 23 in the new 19. I'm really impressed that so much stuff can swap over.

[​IMG]

Dammit I tried to replace the slide release with the extended version, but jesus I can't get that bastard pin to move. Something on newer glocks I don't know about?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. AB13

AB13 New Member

To get that retention pin out, you have to grab the Slide release with one hand and move it forward and backward. and with the other hand, push the pin out.

Remember that all pins are to be removed and installed from left to right (w/ the gun pointed away from you, the pin would go from left to right).

Keep in mind there is also a pin removal/installation sequence that must be followed or you'll experience premature slide lock back.

You have to remove from top to bottom, and when you install it, ALWAYS install the top pin first BEFORE you install the slide release (not to be confused with the Slide "STOP") which is your break down bar.

Nice gun, I love the OD look on glocks. G19 is surprisingly accurate, but unless you're tayloring your handloads and know what you are doing, there is no benefit at all to swapping out the guide rod and springs. And the notion that it reduces felt recoil is an old wives tale in the glocking world. It actually makes the gun less reliable if you are shooting factory loads.

3. bigboostdsm

bigboostdsm New Member

Lucky :bowdown: My next Glock is going to be an OD G34.

4. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

:dunno: I'm not an OD fan.

5. Platinum_Thunder

Platinum_Thunder Reliability for life and liberty

ewww that's ooooglay, but still a g19 :cool:

6. Didact

Moved the top pin and the bottom moved out with almost no effort. Damn what a brain fart! Extended slide release in! Thanks man! :bigthumb:

Yeah I've heard the same thing about the guiderod and spring. I just hate to kow I got spent $25+ on it. Gotta at least use it a bit.

7. AB13

AB13 New Member

it's all good. Still pretty dam cheap relative to components for other guns, like SVI's.

:cool:

8. Didact

Ah couldn't wait till this weekend, grabed a box of 9mm at WallyWorld for $15 and raced the rain to the local range.

IMO, less 'muzzle flip' than my G23.

At 10-15 yards I was tearing the center out of the targets, so I'm happy :)

Next week I'll grab some ammo in bulk and give it an honest test run.

9. Dumbstixlars

Dumbstixlars Ron Paul/AR-15/Glock/old car/Scooby/R/C croo OT Supporter