just bought my girlfriend a nano...

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by dorkultra, Feb 14, 2006.

1. dorkultra

dorkultra OT's resident crohns dude OT Supporter

for x-mas, i bought her a mobiblu 1 gig mp3 player from walmart.com. i should have stopped before i placed the order...but i got it for her, a pink one.
    it arrived, i filled it with songs. it worked alright. the interface to switch between albums/artists/songs sucked ass because the screen is so tiny that you could only view 4 lines on the screen at one time...lame. but i figured she would like it because it was super tiny, had a screen, could take a little abuse, and had an fm radio.

yeah, so yesterday she comes up to work before she goes to the gym and tells me that it's been fucking up on her lately. turns out that it's stuck in a loop at startup. so i hit the reset button a million times with a paperclip and then it show "no file". i tell her, sorry, i'll have to reload all your songs on it again. she says ok and bye and starts walking away, playing with it. then she comes back and says that all her songs showed up now. wtf

i take it home and reinstall the updated firmware and it does the same crazy shit, this time even more messed up because it won't even turn off. i said, screw this, we are going to walmart.
    [​IMG]

we goto walmart, say it's defective and i got all my money back, including shipping, cash, which is cool because i paid with a credit card initially.

then i was going to buy my friend's girlfriend's ipod mini off her because she wanted me to list on ebay, but she wanted $175 for it, so i said no.

i got my girlfriend a 1 gig white nano with the agent 18 hard case. pretty darn sweet, i can't wait to check it out whenever it arrives.
    [​IMG]

good idea?

CLIFFS: bought a crap tiny mp3 player from walmart.com, it dies. got all money back and got my girlfriend a 1 gig nano with a hard case.

2. dorkultra

dorkultra OT's resident crohns dude OT Supporter

i yeah, i used my student discount too

3. jordan04

jordan04 The seeds of love have taken hold, and if we won't

I think so, she'll be very pleased with the screen alone. Easy of use beats anything else also. I always was wary of that mobiblu thing. Anything sold EXCLUSIVELY at WalMart scares me. The only good thing is that WalMart will let you return anything.

4. jordan04

jordan04 The seeds of love have taken hold, and if we won't

I'm going to tell your girlfriend about your user text.

5. xenon supra

xenon supra OT Supporter

i love my agent18 case and ipod video

6. thezak

thezak New Member

:bowdown:me too