GUN Just bought my first gun

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by FSTMX5, Nov 27, 2004.

1. FSTMX5

FSTMX5 New Member

I was debating between a glock 26 and a walther p22

Fired both and ended up liking the .22 alot better, just seemed alot easier to aim with, I'm using it both for target practice at the range and self defense (ohio has conceal carry law) so i'm going to get my license for that

Overall I just loved the way the walther shot and also felt in my hand. Picked her up for 275 Pics to come soon

:cool:

2. I bet you have a thick neck and an extra chromosome, huh?

3. Platinum_Thunder

Platinum_Thunder Reliability for life and liberty

You should have done a little more research

22 for carry = lose

4. Fook Yoo

Fook Yoo OT Supporter

i was going to pick up a p22 for the gf until i read where everyone said it was junk anyways hope they fix the problems.tell me how it shoots longterm i might pick one up for the heck of it.btw i wouldnt recomend using .22 for carry or any gunfight you're not going to do anything but make the bad guys mad you might as well carry a slingshot.i suggest get at least a 9.

5. Clingman

Clingman Clingman runs Bartertown.

A .22 is not worthless for carry. But your shots had better count.

There are a lot of people who bash the P22. Two of my regular shooting buddies have them and they are great. Reliability is fine with any ammo, and excellent with some of the hotter .22 loads. I think it's a great little pistol and lots of fun. Hope you enjoy it.

6. ShackleMeNot

ShackleMeNot MINDSET

My experiences with the P22 have been pretty negative. The ones I’ve shot didn't seem to run well no matter how clean they were or what kind of ammo they were fed.

7. footratfunkface

footratfunkface New Member

i've fired a few. some people have fun with them, even though they suck. i'd go for a buckmark over any other .22 pistol any day of the year. P22's seem to be VERY picky about ammo most of the time, and like the hotter loads. just like your girlfriend. she loves my hot loads.

8. USMCsilver

USMCsilver Active Member

It's a great gun when it works. It would also work fine for CWP due to the fact that you have no other choice. It is better to be armed w/ a .22 than nothing.

Don't let these folks get you down. Congrats on your purchase -- now go play w/ the damn thing!

9. Henry47

Henry47 New Member

you better hope a 30 pound midget is the only person you ever point your p22 at. Good luck with that .22 when a 300 lb thug comes and demands ass sex from your girlfriend

10. kid6725

kid6725 New Member

Thats when u better put it in his ear and puill the trigger.

11. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

a friend once told me "I would shoot you with this .22, but I think that'd only piss you off"... Words to live by.

12. footratfunkface

yeah, one guy on some board once said that he didn't need anything more for home defense than his 10/22 and a 30-rd mag. he said that would handle anyone breaking into his house. someone responded, "what do you do about the second guy?"

13. no stopping power, but plenty of killing power

14. footratfunkface

you have no clue what you're talking about. none. whatsoever.

15. Henry47

Henry47 New Member

he was referring to pigeons

16. blkgs4

blkgs4 New Member

You know the IDF started carrying suppressed bolt action .22s as non-lethal weapons. But after a short period of times when people started dying of these 22s the IDF pulled them. Just a short little bit of trivia for you (however P22 do suck but that doesn't mean you can't have fun with it), enjoy that P22 its cheap shooting.

17. Vermincelli

Vermincelli Banned

For a first weapon, a .22 is a great choice because you can learn proper shooting techniques cheaply and comfortably. I would consider a bigger caliber though for future carry use.

The .22 does the job but it comes down to where you put the bullet. I would rather be carrying a .22 than nothing at all, but I would rather be carrying a 380/9/40/45 than a 22 if I have the choice.

18. blkgs4

blkgs4 New Member

:werd:

19. footratfunkface

i'll give you that. i'll take what i can get, but if all i get is a .22, i'm going to look at sneaking up on someone and shooting them in the head and taking whatever they've got. a .22 is a poor option, but at least it's an option. very quickly, the ONLY option becomes the best option. however, he was debating between a G26 and a P22, which isn't much of a debate to me.

20. blkgs4

blkgs4 New Member

:werd:

21. Clingman

Clingman Clingman runs Bartertown.

Me neither, because if I took a shot at you with the G26 and it was too dark for me to see the sights, the only thing in danger would be trees and low-flying aircraft :cool:

To each his own. Also, I've read a little more on the subject and it seems Walther has taken care of the P-22's problems with the latest batch.

22. FSTMX5

FSTMX5 New Member

Thats why i ended up getting it...it was half the price of the glock, its 5 dollars for 50 rounds and ALOT easier to shoot. For all you that are saying a 22 wont do shit to someone who is breaking into your house..i think your looking at it a bit unrealistically...im pretty sure its not going to be a 250lb professional body builder breaking in...especially around where i live. And even if it was...as long as i unloaded 2 or 3 in his chest...im sorry to say but he wont come after me..and would most likely die

im happy with it.. and clingman ive fired about 200 rounds through mine already and it hasnt jammed or anything so it looks like they did fix it :cool:

23. monolith

monolith My soul grows ever weary and the end is ever near. OT Supporter

:werd: x 999999

24. Fook Yoo

Fook Yoo OT Supporter

getting a .22 for a range weapon is cool and all but having a .22 for self defense is like bringing a butter knife to a knifefight.point is it has no stoping power.what makes you think you wont get hurt as well?also what happens if the bad guy has a gun most likely you would end up getting more wounded than him or even dead?even though having something to defend yourself is better than nothing i wouldn't trust my life nor my family's life to .22.theres shitload of other choices out there like the glock you mention really ask yourself is your life worth the extra 300$.

25. Henry47

Henry47 New Member

very good posting. i totally agree. While a .22 technically classifies as a firearm, it is hardly one. it is more of a BB gun than an actual "firearm". Yes, it does shoot bullets, but you're expecting only one intruder. Do you really think 10 .22 rounds are going to stop 3-4 men in your house? If the bullet does not penetrate the intruder (who may or may not be wearing heavy clothing), all you've done is piss him off. I recommend spending an extra $300-500 on a decent 9mm/.40 and some hollow points, and just keep the .22 to help with your technique/stance/form. I bought my .22 22/45 STRICTLY for the gun range, and my glock 23 .40 and mossberg 12 gauge for home defense.