Just bought a new laptop

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Yoshiemaster, Oct 28, 2005.

1. Yoshiemaster

Yoshiemaster New Member

2. 01000101

01000101 New Member

its a pretty good deal, yeah. its not a lappy i would use (7.5 lbs?!) but if it fits your needs, i would certainly be happy with it

check out http://forum.notebookreview.com for a lot of additional info such as good software to run, make/model specific help, accessory recommendations, windows optimization, etc

3. Subie Driver

Subie Driver Eye see what you did there.

Hope you picked one up, looks like they sold out. And don't worry about the weight, unless you lug it around with you all over. My Compaq is on the heavier side for a laptop (Presario R3300, over 7.5lb) and I use it all the time out here on my sofa. I reckon a pound or 2 lighter would be nice, but it's not bad to have sitting on my lap for hours at a time.

4. ledzep73

ledzep73 New Member

I think m6 6.6 lb laptop is a bit heavy, but it works.

5. Yoshiemaster

Yoshiemaster New Member

yea i noticed the weight, but i'm a big guy too so that works out aha. no i'm not a business man or anything, but i will be taking it to and from school everyday. im a highschool student and i don't money for those "sleek and lightweight" thinkpads/vios/presarios. and plus, when i compared this laptop to those, this one turned out do outdo those laptops. 2.8ghz, thats amazing for a laptop i think. and about how they sold out... oh man i've clicked "refresh" i don't know how many times since i last saw this deal on www.tigerdirect.com ... the last time i saw it was at the end of september, then by the time i gathered up enough money, they sold out. so every night i would press "refresh" to see if that laptop was available until friday, when it was. i recieved an email from tigerdirect yesterday that said i had to call them about the laptop. so i did, and they said that they ran out of the refurbished units, but they're recieving a shipment of those laptops sometime this week, and i'll get a NEW laptop from them instead. so hey, it turned out awesome.

6. ledzep73

ledzep73 New Member

Sweet. Im no little guy myself, 6'1 ad 210 lbs, but I just think this is a litte bit bigger than I need it.

7. Yoshiemaster

Yoshiemaster New Member

hey we're like in the same ratio. i'm 5'9'' 193. great muscles, but a layer of fat that covers them up.