just bought a dvd burner and have some ??

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by dbdraggin, Jul 27, 2003.

1. dbdraggin

dbdraggin New Member

ok, i just got a TDK indiDVD+/-R an RW/cd burner. the main purpose of doin so was so i can make back ups to my collection of dvds and make copies for either me or my girl of the ones we bought "jointly" (any guy who has ever bought something that the lines of ownership are fuzzy between him and his woman knows what im getting at)

but heres my problem, the roxio software that is included doesnt allow me to play copyrighted material with the same program that i can edit and save the material to my hd. :cocked:

so i guess what i need help with, is there a way to put a dvd in this damned drive and then save the information to my hd so i can burn it so i can have a backup?

i hate it when i think things will be easy and then i figure out my life still really does suck.

thanks everyone who helps me

2. Elusive

Elusive New Member

Check out this site.

3. DAN513

DAN513 OT Supporter

if it's a single layer dvd, then use dvd decryptor, it allows both reading and writing to dvdr or rw. If it's dual layer, I've heard good things about pinnicle instant dvd copy, but never tried it myself.

4. dbdraggin

dbdraggin New Member

ive been there, but when does too much information begin to become usless, and you dont dare post on their forum cuz all you do is get treated like your stupid and then they refer you to the part that has too much information.

not trying to be a cock or anything but its the truth, they are mostly just downright rude to those who are inexperienced.

thanks tho!

5. dbdraggin

dbdraggin New Member

how do i find out which one is which? and what does that exactly mean?

and are those programs to buy or are they freeware or what? i have no problem trying to "find" them but if they are easily purchased then thats what i will do.

6. DAN513

DAN513 OT Supporter

dvd decryptor is freeware afaik, and pinnicle instant dvd copy is ~$45CDN. If it's single layer, then it's about 4.7GB, and dual layer are just over 9gb. In some cases it will even say on the back right around the mpaa rating.

7. dbdraggin

dbdraggin New Member

coo, thanks alot for the help

8. DAN513

DAN513 OT Supporter

anytime

9. SlickStick

SlickStick New Member

I read a long post on how to copy some DVD's but the thing I don't understand is why you have to run both the Clone DVD as well as the Any DVD programs simultaneously in order to copy a DVD...Isn't the clone DVD program sufficient? More reading until response...

PJ

10. SlickStick

SlickStick New Member

Edit... it seems the ANY DVD program tricks the Clone DVD program into thinking that the information is not copyrighted so that you can copy it directly without first copying it onto your harddrive with a program that will lesser the quality of the video...am I on the right track here? Are there any of these similar programs that are freeware? The ones mentioned are only for 21 day trials...ghey.

PJ

11. dbdraggin

dbdraggin New Member

copying it to the h.d. will lessen the quality of the video? i just thought it was when you need to compress the bigger files on the dual layer (9+gb) discs down to a smaller file to burn onto the the comercially available single layer (4.7gb) disc? im confused, just when i thought i was getting somewhere and thought i was a little imformed.... here we go again! :nuts: