Just bought a 2005 Corolla LE

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by caddymac, Dec 7, 2005.

1. caddymac

caddymac New Member

Is there anything quirky about the car that may show up during the course of ownership? The car has a 5 speed, has 37k miles on the clock, and is in pretty good shape.

The shifter seems a little clunky, but I'm willing to live with it. Bring on the great gas mileage!

2. tropic of carnage

tropic of carnage New Member

who would know? its a 2005...:hsugh:

but naw its a rolla, you should be fine

3. machine81

machine81 New Member

I have a 2005 Corolla S. Runs like a dream. There's a buzzing coming from the glovebox, but I've just been too lazy to take it to the dealer. Mine's an automatic for my wife and I've gotten 38mpg on the highway. :eek3: There's a few modifications I'd like to make to it, but again, better things to do. I need to tint the windows and I'd like to get an aftermarket grill. Possibly some wheels too. These Corollas are a dime a dozen so I'd like mine to stand out a little more.

Also, if you change your own oil this car is awesome. The Toyota engineers actually had the sense to put the oil filter where you can get at it.

Finally, my only complaint about the car is the stupid seat belt light/dinger on the dash. It's fucking annoying. You can't take your seatbelt off for 5 seconds before this thing starts dinging. Then it starts becoming more frequent and annoying. Finally, after like a minute it shuts up. It's just stupid because if you're at a drive though, toll booth, ferries, etc. it makes it hard to hear anything that the teller is saying.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2005
  4. caddymac

caddymac New Member

I read about the seat belt thing on epinions, so that doesn't surprise me. I'm glad to hear about the easy to change oil filter, I absolutely loved how easy it was to change the oil on my 2000 Regal.

Right now the car has hubcaps, which I think need to go. I was thinking 15" Toyota rims, but I don't know if they are popular in the salvage yards or not.

5. machine81

machine81 New Member

Holy shit! We're like the same person car-wise. I have a 2003 Regal (which I'm trying to sell). Not that either car is cool though.

I thought the filter was easy to change on the Buick. The Corolla is easier yet.

My wife got in a small accident with the Corolla a couple months back. The OEM wheel cost about $270 I think. I'd get something cheaper if you have to shoe all four wheels.

6. caddymac

caddymac New Member

I thought my Regal was pretty cool, I just wish I wouldn't have racked up so many gosh darn miles so quick on it. I sold it to my bro a few months back and he's had good luck with it so far. I thought the Corolla was a good mix between price and features, much like the Regal.

At $270/wheel, I think I'll just keep my eyes open. Thanks for all the advice so far, machine81.

7. caddymac

caddymac New Member