MMA Just bought a 100# Century bag for $39.99 at Dunhams.

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by >DRIVEN<, Dec 17, 2009.

1. >DRIVEN<

>DRIVEN< Hi

Excited to learn the correct way to use this bitch.

They have some killer deals on bags, but money is tight, gotta hook the kids up for Xmas, so I got the cheaper one as a gift to myself. Any good places to check out some drills? Maybe I'll watch Never Back Down first. :hsugh:

2. teep

teep New Member

The thing is you really can't start by learning from videos if you actually want to learn. It's just too complex and impossible to be aware of all the mistakes you make as a beginner. If you want to really learn I say hit up a boxing gym. If it's just for fun and exercise, just make sure you wrap your hands securely and go to town on the bag.

3. iCEgECKO

iCEgECKO Ballin' at 5'2''

4. >DRIVEN<

>DRIVEN< Hi

Makes sense, will do. I know the boxing trainer out at Severn's, so maybe I should get a hold of him and see if I can take a few weeks worth of classes out there.

5. >DRIVEN<

>DRIVEN< Hi

Pretty much no training. I'd like to kick as well, but all stuff I need to learn.

6. >DRIVEN<

>DRIVEN< Hi

Another thing I could use your guys' advice on...I'll be hanging the bag in my basement. Should I get some kind of mat or flooring to work on or should the basement floor be ok for now with shoes or wrestling shoes?

7. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

Floor wont matter unless you slip and fall. Which if you are learning to kick, is almost unavoidable to happen at least once.

When you hang it, try and keep as little slack between the top of the bag and whatever you hang it from. If the beam is really high, I would mount a bracket to hang lower and then hang the bag from that bracket. too much slack and you'll have a bag swinging all over the place.

8. iCEgECKO

iCEgECKO Ballin' at 5'2''

QFT

9. wallydog11

wallydog11 New Member

You can buy some used rubber mats pretty cheap..I have the bag in my basement too with wood flooring. it's fine at first but then you start sweating and becomes way to slippery.

10. wallydog11

wallydog11 New Member

And I say go to the boxing gym, try it out for a couple months if anything to learn the basics, if you don't like it at least you know some basic stuff for the workout at home

11. >DRIVEN<

>DRIVEN< Hi

Thanks for the advice guys. Got an email back from the boxing trainer this morning about class times. Now just need to figure out a way to arrange it around my second job, the wife's job and kids :sad2: