Just another saturn.......

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by trayfoe, Apr 29, 2002.

1. trayfoe

trayfoe Guest

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2002
  2. atomic punk

atomic punk pretty hate machine

i'm speechless.

3. mrorgy

mrorgy Guest

i commend you for your efforts, but i think u should have done that to a different kind of car

4. trayfoe

trayfoe Guest

I am just curious why? If you believe in something you have to stick with it even though the aftermarket is not as saturated with parts as other car makes. I agree if I would have spent my money on say a honda or a nissan or toyota I would have a fast car but it is easy to make those fast because a lot of people have already done it. My saturn is a challenge to me and my friends that help me work on it so even though I agree with your comment I can't give up on my saturn. Maybe when I have my engineering degree I can actually design some other stuff and have access to the machinery to make it happen. Thanks for the comments!:bigthumb:

5. Red97GST

Red97GST Guest

what're the specs on that motor? what kind of power are you expecting/getting out of it?

aren't those spoon wheels? kinda weird on something thats not a civic

is that a carbon fiber trunk lid?

6. Rick

Rick New Member

7. trayfoe

trayfoe Guest

Motor is a 1.9 DOHC all aluminum open deck block, I am hoping to get about 150-160hp to the wheels on the motor that is in the car now on 4psi. I have two more motors, one that will get put together as soon as the turbo kit goes in (just a fresh stock motor I am hoping to get about 10-12psi through with the help of a good EMS), and the third is going to be the fully built motor. It will take a while but in the end it will all be worth it. The wheels are Rotas, a few pounds heavier (still light as hell) and 1/3 the cost of the SW388's. The trunk lid is just primed for the moment, I wish it was carbon fiber.

8. trayfoe

trayfoe Guest

9. DA King

DA King ALT + S Ownage King

damn thats sick :bigthumb:

10. Guest

Guest Guest

i commend you on modding something alittle out of the ordinary! there was a saturn spraying like 60 shot n2o at the dyno a fiew weeks back, and he had a fiew mods, w/ rims, etc. it was a very respectable 4 door in my opinion! keep up the good work man

11. anemic

anemic Guest

its nice to see somehting original, very cool, personally the vinyl on the winsheiled would bug the hell out of me :rolleyes:

12. ZùWìÉ

ZùWìÉ Guest

now see.. thats TASTEFULLY done.. which is a concept most "ricers" dont get. just because the fucking shit will fit on your car, DOES NOT MEAN it should look better. i can go to autozone and buy all kinds of shit to bolt on.. but it would look like ass.
    :bigthumb:

13. BlackHBDX

BlackHBDX The grey fixer

A JDM style Saturn?

14. dippedBLAZER

dippedBLAZER Guest

thats one of the best lookin saturns ive seen.

15. bhattsaturn

bhattsaturn Guest

KEEP THE SATURN!!!!

I do actually like the civics, but I own a Saturn as well (92 SC2) and it is a proven fact---that a Saturn that is done up right will rip the ass off any civic that is done as well. Fact proven by ME
    I do have some upgrades on my car but me friend with his civic has a few more and I still wiped the floor with him. I actually suprised myself so forget what the ricers say(i'm one too), but keep up the good work with the Saturn....and keep Domestic Euro alive

:fawk: :fawk: :bigthumb: :fawk: :bigthumb: :bigthumb:

16. trayfoe

trayfoe Guest

17. Achmiel

Achmiel Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullshi

You should raise it up just a little bit. Tell us about you suspension mods. I don't think the Saturn block can hold alot of boost. How do you plan on getting around it?

The reason I ask, a couple of people (I used to have a 93 SC2 w/ HotShot intake) have tried boosting it, and the block has usually been the weak point. That and the factory tuning doesn't allow timing adjustments WHATSOEVER.

Nice looking engine work though.

18. trayfoe

trayfoe Guest

I have the carrerra coil-overs, I am probably taking the turbo off the car because I am worried about such an old motor and boost do not go well together. Plus I need my car to drive to school everyday and if anything happens to it then I am screwed. Maybe when I have a little bit more time and money I will try and make a better setup that this one, thanks for the good words!

19. TriShield

TriShield Super Moderator® Super Moderator

Finally, some originality.

Good luck with this car, and go smoke some Hondas (and whatever else) to make it all worth while.