Just a Thought about reading other's posts..

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by tubachris85x, Oct 5, 2007.

1. tubachris85x

tubachris85x New Member

I spend alot of time just reading other member's posts either here or on the asylum just about relationship issues. I was just wondering to those who are also just reading, how does it affect your viewpoint of your relationship? Do you learn from it, or do you see these kinds of signs?

I mean no disrespect to the people who's posts Im referring to. I feel that after reading alot of these, I feel more appreciative about what I have going, but it also raises the "what if" scenario. I here all the same kinds of things happening, for example, the "never thought she would leave/cheat on me" kind of statement.

I just try to learn from these kinds of issues, Im not trying to say im insecure, but if you hear the same things from your SO, and then go see a thread like this, where they may have had almost the same exact strong relationship as you are, and they ended over any particular thing, it just makes you think.

I cannot imagine the emotional pain and stress caused by some of these events, dont take me wrong when I say this, but I use it to my advantage to avoid my relationship ending up the same or similar way?

Anyone else thats just a reader, get the same kind of thing, or am I just over analyizing?

2. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

I feel the more and more I read each day I only actually learn more about trends in relationships in general and the views of the opposite sex. I also see and recognize things I never want to do in a relationship. If anything it helps me.

My biggest annoyance in here and the asylum are the amount of bitter people who keep constantly bitching about the opposite sex, constantly put down that sex because they've had bad luck (a lot of times due to something they need to take the blame for anyhow), and then think they are fit to give out solid advice which then taints other readers' views.

3. tubachris85x

tubachris85x New Member

Ive not only noticed this here myself, but I get this same mentality almost everyday from my brother (his ex dumped him because he left for college). Ever since, hes been bitter and has had the same mindset as most people on here. Its more annoying now then anything else. Ive gotten, the "oh just wait until she leaves you" speech, "end it before you get hurt," "dont put too much time and effort, its only going to end."

Ive been with my SO for 2 years now, right now on an LDR. He told me when it was first official, to come back to him in 2 years (thats how long his lasted), because he thought it wouldnt last more than a month or two. So here I am little over 2 years later, he still says the same shit.

4. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

This, in case anyone hasn't noticed, has been bothering the fuck out of me here.

Not to mention the authoritative, nauseatingly FATUOUS tone with which people hand down these little gems of bitterness.

5. Abomb

Abomb New Member

6. Chris90210

Chris90210 New Member

ALL WOMEN ARE LIEING CHEATING WHORES

j/k beer :mamoru: Some of the topics on here have threw up red flags in my own relationships and have helped me to fix the problem before it starts.

7. Kirbys Autumn

Kirbys Autumn Mrs. Kirby McSpic

. I usually learn from the topics. It gives me an idea of what the opposite sex thinks.

8. Elphaba

Elphaba New Member

I kinda feel the same thing, but at the same time, even though these are real people, problems and situations - its still the internet. You're never going to know all the details (no matter the length of the thread), youre never going to know exactly the circumstances, etc, etc. Just b/c it happend to someone else doesnt mean its going to happen to you. Its great to be able to get feedback and advice, but at the same time, its kinda like watching an episode of Maury or Oprah. You only see the extreme situations.

:werd:

9. chlywly

chlywly Active Member

I completely agree!

10. JohnJohnJohnson

I read this response from chlywly and thought, wow, what a hypocrite.

So now, I'm wondering if other people think I'm being a hypocrite for agreeing above with what beer said?

11. demosnat

demosnat New Member

It depends on whether or not your brand of bitterness coincided or conflicted with theirs.
    Everyone has a bit of it. Its just easier to call out other people who have a different streak of it.

12. JohnJohnJohnson

Diplomat!

13. Gillzeebub

Gillzeebub New Member

i have to say im a bit of a paranoid person so i often find a spiral into trying to compare myself to wat everyone else has written about. A couple deep breaths and a reality check and im all good again. It's nice to see so many ppl who come back and say they were helped tho.

14. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

I read a lot of threads. I often think "Wow, why do people put up with all this shit?" And that applies to both men and women.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2007
  15. Mr. O

Mr. O New Member

yes i get that same feeling, and then decide to live my life for me, until i have a wedding band or kid first.