just a quick question

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by GQGiant, Jun 26, 2005.

1. GQGiant

GQGiant New Member

has anyone here ever dated someone where your best friends dislike the girl and does not want to be around you if you're with her? how'd you guys deal with it?

2. sipherx

sipherx Jamesl.info

Heh yea I have had about 3 of those relationships. Here is how I delt with most of them. Mainly guys dont really want to be around your girlfriend for whatever reason. What I did was I would just set aside time to just hang out with my guy friends and set aside time to hang out with my girl. My girl and I have been together now for over 19 months, my guy friends know now there is no gettin rid of her, so we all just hang out now. But the tables have turned around now, she doesnt like hanging out with them lol.

Honestly most realtionships wont work out that way, if your still in highschool and your guy friends want to do stuff with you like go out and cause trouble, go out with them your gonna miss hanging out with the guys. Your girl probably also has girlfriends, set aside weekends where you two just do your own thing by yourself.

3. GQGiant

GQGiant New Member

thanks for the reply, i'm glad that all hope isn't lost. i'm out of high school and i'm in college. the thing that worries me the most is that these guys are my child hood friends, and i don't want to have a giant space between our friendship, but i guess only time will tell.

4. sipherx

sipherx Jamesl.info

Yea dude just set aside time for both groups. Sometimes I wish I would have spent more time havun fun with my guy friends, and I still can I am still young. But dont get so wrapped in your girlfriend to the point where they dont even call and see what ur doin or if you want to go out. Just keep an equal balance. If she likes you a lot and understands this situation, then all should be fine.

5. chica&buddies

chica&buddies Active Member

maybe it's just me, but i don't think that everyone and their mom has to get along for things to work out. i have a wide variety of friends, and i never mesh them. i fit into a lot of different groups. i'm still the same person, but in the different groups we discuss/do different things together.

what's wrong with having a relationship like that? my 2 best friends in high school hated my ex that i dated while a junior/senior in high school. i didn't bring them around each other. problem solved.

personally, i think you should set aside time for your relationship AND your friends. there's no need to hang around a significant other 24/7 :ugh:. you both will survive without each other a couple days outta the week.

6. Seoulmate

Seoulmate New Member

why do they dislike her?

7. GQGiant

GQGiant New Member

sounds good guys, thanks for all the replies. and as for the reason why they don't like her it's a very very long story, and it's just a hassle just to explain things. thanks again guys

8. HopasaurusRex

HopasaurusRex Okay, now what the fuck do you want?

my sophomore and junior years of college (that'd be the past two years, '03-'05) I had been living in a house, renting from the parents of one of my roomates. those two years i have been off/on involved with a girl i met since moving in to said house. for a little more than half that time, said roomate has been feeding me negative ideas about that girl, influencing my decisions to break up with her. since this january, i have been seriously committed to said girl and have loved every minute of it. at the end of april, roomate tells me he thinks i should move out because he can't stand seeing my girlfriend. two months later, i am totally in love with my gf and think my old roomate is a raging douchebag.

sorry, i had to rant a minute.

if your friends don't like your girlfriend, you should think about a few things:

they ARE your friends. depending on how complex your relationship is with those friends, what you take from them can vary. if a great friend tells you he doesn't like your girlfriend, you should probably seriously think about the situation. i've had friends tell me they didn't like a girl for a whole year before i realized they were right and she wasn't worth it. on the other hand, even your best friend in the whole world may be overcome with jealousy. i've seen this happen as well. on another hand, this may be an opportunity to realize that your "friend" isn't really that great.

chica was right that not everybody you interact with is going to get along. that's just the social nature of people. the trick is understanding which people are going to adapt and evolve and respect your decisions and then realizing who is a self-righteous prick and will only be happy if they get their way. personally, i try to find the first type of people, and if i realize a friend is the second type, they usually don't stay around very long.

idk dude. do what makes you happy. if your friends don't want to see your gf, manage your time between the two. or tell your friends to get over it. your true friends will still be there no matter what happens with the girl. life is a fun ride of realizations. have fun and don't stop learning. and keep an open mind and try to stay happy.

9. GQGiant

GQGiant New Member

thanks for the advice, and i am going to try to make time for both her and my friends. she makes me happy, so i'm going to ride this out. thanks for everything

10. sipherx

sipherx Jamesl.info

Hey btw, I spoke with my girlfriend last night. Funny that you would ask this question because I was getting to the point where I needed some space with just my friends, but I spoke with her last night, and basically I told her. Baby we only live once and you know how much I love, but I need you to understand I want to hang out with my friends every other weekend or even one weekend a month. And she said well I totally understand that we cant be around each other 24/7, and plus I wanna hang out with my girlfriends too. So basically just talk to ur girl she will understand