COMIC Just a bit of Japanese flavour.

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Darketernal, May 19, 2006.

1. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Since im going to Japan begin August :x: i was scouting around some websites to get some taste of getting to know what its like to be in Tokyo and Japan and such. http://www.video-link.com/wmp/1.htm , oh God i can't wait to buy so much stuff , im going to bring home piles of anime crap :big grin: Anyone can give me some ideas on what anime stuff i should buy. The video is just about some fireworks but its rather nice in fullscreen, God im so excited.

2. Sagara

Sagara New Member

I was in Tokyo 28th mars to 11 of april. Damn, one of the best things i've done in my life. I fucking love that country...

anyways, all anime and manga are in japanese, NO subtitled stuff. The anime stuff you can buy (if you dont speak/read japanese...) is some videogames maybe and some miniature figures. And of course.... t-shirts! I found some cool shirts in Akihabara. There are a loooooot of cool stores in Akihabara, one of my absolute favorite places.

Just ask if you have some questions. :) You will love that place, I'm thinking of saving some money and go there again.

3. Sekuhara

Sekuhara FIGHT THE POWER

I'm going to Japan from July 13 - August 2nd

Still not sure exactly everything I'm going to do while I'm there.. If there is anywhere in particular you suggest visiting let me know (I was there last summer, but was with a friend the whole time and didn't really get a chance to venture off by myself)

4. SkylineUSA

SkylineUSA Nyaaaah...desu!

I was in Tokyo in mid-April. Best experience of my life. I can't wait to go back and visit more places! Try not to spend SOO much time buying anime, and just enjoy the country! :)

5. GTSlow

GTSlow New Member

If you are in Tokyo go to Akihabara and hit up a maid cafe. If you are in Osaka find a chick and hit up the Love Hotels.. that is what i did the last time i was in japan :bigthumb:

6. clover

clover Lucky in life

7. Sekuhara

Sekuhara FIGHT THE POWER

:rofl:

8. jsmonet

jsmonet egg

anyone else singing "who's got big balls? I'VE GOT BIG BALLS!" in their head right now?

9. Sito

Sito Each To Their Own

:wtc: everybody is going or has gone to Japan except me

10. Sekuhara

Sekuhara FIGHT THE POWER

Plan a trip, then :)

11. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

I should take you with me then. :x:

12. SkylineUSA

SkylineUSA Nyaaaah...desu!

I heard American Airlines had some cheap deals if you're willing to fly coach on odd days; something like $500 round trip! I went on a business trip though and my firm footed the bill. :bigthumb:

Definitely go!

13. GTSlow

GTSlow New Member

Where are people going in Japan. I have gone there twice for a month each. I mostly stuck to Kansai area but I did visit Tokyo for a few days. I bought a few Gundam models though, and plenty of stuff from Super Autobacs (japanese version of Napa). If you are going in August it is going to be REALLY hot/humid. Prepare to be lugging a towel around with you everywhere. You will have a blast though. Do you have a guide?

14. Sito

Sito Each To Their Own

I would love you forever :bowdown: :love:

Unfortunately its not a matter of if I can go or the money, my family and I just started a new business in the past year and I'm pretty much unable to leave for extended periods of time. Hopefully in a year or two when everythings completely settled down I can make a trip :hs:
    Although if someone kidnaps me I can't do much about that :naughty: