jumping ladders

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Mopar03, Aug 15, 2005.

1. Mopar03

Mopar03 73-9 OT Supporter

is it possible? how many of you have done it?

I'm coming to the realization that I keep most of my friends who are girls around only because I'm hoping that something might spark up in the future :wtc:

2. Two toys

Two toys New Member

i did it, twice, but by the time they were wanting it i wasnt anymore.

3. JekJek

JekJek OT Supporter

jumping ladders ?

4. bacchussr

bacchussr New Member

I've had a thing for one of my friends for the past 3 years and for various reasons, on both of our parts, have not been able to jump ladders...until about 2 weeks ago. To be honest, it wasn't as good as I'd imagined it would be and now we take turns avoiding each other every other night. The old cliche that sex complicates things is a cliche for a reason. I have never had a problem talking to this girl about anything until now. In short, it is definitely possible but in cases such as mine probably not a good idea.

5. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

6. Carpet Liquor

Carpet Liquor New Member

Jumping ladders is one of the hardest thinsg to do. I think you realy need to be onthe right ladder when you first meet someone, so that you will remain on that ladder.

It's very rare that you can be on the friends ladder and then jump, UNLESS, you were childhood friends, it seems. Being kids, you're really not thinking about how to get the girl in bed, since well, they have cooties when you're kids, and we all know how bad cooties are.
    If you meet someone later in life and areput on the friends later, there is a VERY slim chance that you can make the jump, unless you were high on the friends ladder to start with or just low on the good ladder.
    I'm not saying that the jump can't be made, but you can't force the jump.

7. Nsx9red

Nsx9red New Member

i jumped ladders with my best friend.... It's soo great... Don't get you're hopes up

8. skitcy

skitcy uhm title! ok

I'll put it the easy way, normally it is very easy to jump the ladder the one way to the relationship, both will take it fairly easy and it'll work out for a set amount of time.

After that set amount of time if it be a break up you can forget about them ever being a friend again because I guarentee it will be screwed for life.

Ladder Jumping is one way, if you don't think it's going to end in a VERY long term relationship don't do it unless you don't care about losing them as a friend.

9. MovieMan84

MovieMan84 Here we go

For folks that might have missed the reference: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ladder_theory

I've done it once and only once. I think I agree with xfuzion - the jump is likely one way (though I haven't burned that bridge yet). I was really close with my girlfriend all through high school and everyone told us that we'd be the perfect couple, but we never bothered with dating. We've been together for almost 3 years of college now and we're pretty happy together.

10. Two toys

Two toys New Member

that is complete bullshit... dont talk unless you know what you are talking about everyone has differnet experiences in life, and to make such a broad statement is moronic.

11. MovieMan84

MovieMan84 Here we go

Personally, I think if I were friends with someone for a long time and then was involved in a romantic relationship after that, it would be very hard to go back to "just being friends again". Maybe the absolute language is a bit much, but I agree with his general sentiment.

12. Juice

Juice New Member

this is what has happened to me. my newest s.o. was a good friend of mine for about 2 years, and now were together :hsd: so it can be done.

13. Hegemon

Hegemon New Member

not gonna happen

14. the ground folds

the ground folds rest your trigger on my finger

ive done it before, just make sure you realize that in the end you will be losing a girlfriend and friend. its damn near impossible to be friends after you are involved romantically.

15. Two toys

Two toys New Member

to all you people that have doubts. you are wrong.

in my case i had a crush on this girl for 2 years, we were friends and stopped talking for a year when she got a boyfriend.. she broke up with him and we started talking again, became really close friends and then one day we kissed, then a few days later we had sex. Yeah it was wierd considering it was quite a let down for me, i had thought about her soooo much when we were friends and liked her a ton, and now i had it and it wasnt as good as i thought. so i distanced myself a bit, she got kinda wierd about it thinking i was hers now, we met up again had sex and stuff, then she got super attached and freaked when i saw other girls etc.. i had a talk with her about it, and how i just wanted to be friends, we are still great friends, and while yes there was no relationship as boyfriend and girlfriend our friendship was always like us being boyfriend and girlfriend just without the kissing and sex. we can still talk like we used to etc and everything is back to normal.

she considers me her best guy friend and i know more about her then even her best friends do, which is part of the reason i couldnt be with her.

16. skitcy

skitcy uhm title! ok

To each their own, most times you will never go back to just being friends ever..

17. the ground folds

the ground folds rest your trigger on my finger

:werd: sucks too

18. chica&buddies

chica&buddies Active Member

:dunno: it's different for everyone. just ask yourself this question: would you rather attempt at furthering a relationship or would you rather spend your life wondering whether or not it'd work out? the answer to that question, should tell you what to do.

hopefully both of you are mature adults, and if you don't get the answer you hoped for, the friendship will continue like nothing had changed :) .

19. themacstallion

themacstallion The electric sheep are dreaming up your fate

I have jumped several ladders accidentally, its probably just because of all the growing up ive been doing in the past couple years though.

20. Mopar03

Mopar03 73-9 OT Supporter

if I lose her as a friend, it's not going to ruin my life. we're not best friends...at least not yet. I don't want to regret not seeing if there's anything there.

thanks everyone :cool:

21. skitcy

skitcy uhm title! ok

Looks like you are going to try it, best of luck and if it doesn't work out and you have to do the breakup make sure to try and do it AS GRADUALLY as possible if you want to keep her as a friend ( like over 1-2 weeks ) and not something where you're yelling you hate eachother but hopefully it will never end up like that :wiggle:.

22. lauren

lauren Active Member

most of my boyfreidns start as 'friends'

i do this bc i dont like getting sexual early on....i want to get to know them first and thats sometimes hard to do with the bf/gf label.

23. Carpet Liquor

Carpet Liquor New Member

I disagree. Yeah the temptation to just hit it could be higher, but if it's discussed brfore hand that, you want to hold off on sex, then there should be no problem. My GF and I sleep together sometimes, yet we are waiting (possibly 'til marriage :noes: ) before we make the beast with two backs. It may make it easier that she's a virgin, and I decided after getting out of my last relationship over a year ago, that I wanted to take the next one slow, in regards to sex, but as long as it's discussed there should be no issue, even with the GF/BF label.

24. AstroGirl

AstroGirl If I don't respond it's because I have severe ADD

I think it is not a good idea, because relationships don't last forever, but friendship should. You will loose out on both by "jumping ladders."

25. Carpet Liquor

Carpet Liquor New Member

I've never had a friendship last forever. Seems that my circle of friends changes every 4 to 5 years or so.

Jumping ladders is a situtation by situation assesment.