Jumping in the Sea of Notebook shopping!

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by LiQuiD_FuSioN, Mar 16, 2005.

1. LiQuiD_FuSioN

LiQuiD_FuSioN New Member

I'm literally grinding my teeth,.. there are some many good offers out there, but every time I put my finger on something that looks good,.. a few searches later I find an even BETTER deal! :noes:

I once had my mind set on a simple Dell notebook,.. like 2 ghz, simple 128mb ati graphics card etc, for the price of $2,000 something. I later found out that on another site, i could get the same deal for much much less.. So I kept my eyes on this other notebook for a good long while, it was around $1700 for the same specs except it had '3.0 ghz, 1 gig of ram 128mb ati', way better than that Dell deal.. that's until I did a search for 'best gaming laptops' and iBuyPower.com came up,.. i browsed their laptop section and at the top of the notebook section there was special deal called 'the best laptop'. So, I decided that this was the most powerful notebook money could buy. The specs read: '3.2ghz 64bit ready, 1 gig of ram, the new ati x800 256mb' this had to be better than alienware, and it's only for around $2700!!. That's until I looked on HP's site,.. they had literally the same specs except the graphics card was an ati x600 256mb.. and the price was $2,000!

wtf?! what's the difference? 700 more for the x800 or something? I'm really confused, I'm about to just give up already. :wtc:

2. LiQuiD_FuSioN

LiQuiD_FuSioN New Member

3. WannaZO6

WannaZO6 There are 10 types of people in the world, the one

dont invest a ton of money into a "gaming" laptop, they will be obsolete and un upgradable in a year

the ultimate goal of a lappy is portability, i dont see a 17" widescreen, 1 hour battery, 25 pound monster as portable computer. you may as well get a sff and carry that around.

if you have 2000-2700 to throw around you can get a small portable notebook and a powerhouse desktop that you can upgrade overtime.