Jumper?

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by babygodzilla, Feb 15, 2008.

1. babygodzilla

babygodzilla I love rice

worth seeing? its got Sam L Jackson... :dunno:

2. xomgitscoryx

xomgitscoryx New Member

Ehh it was alright...nothing special.

3. i liked it. the effects were real :cool: but i have no idea if the writers tried to leave the ending open for a sequel or not :o

4. xomgitscoryx

xomgitscoryx New Member

Yeah I think it could go either way. Knowing Hollywood nowadays there is porbably going to be one.

The only problem I had with it was the camera was so freaking shaky at certain points I couldn't even tell what was going on.

I liked the story though.

5. the part with rachel bilson going down the stairs at the colleseum right? yeah that shit got annoying.

****spoiler****

but i dont think there was enough closure between griffin and david though...that could be the sequel right there

6. xomgitscoryx

xomgitscoryx New Member

Yeah it went on for like a good 30 seconds haha it was getting on my nerves.

*SPOILER*

But yeah. They left a lot of things open...david and griffin, david and his mom..

7. no come down

no come down ..... and in this place you'll see me OT Supporter

pretty much one of the worst movies ive ever seen...

**SPOILER**

the opening scene with sam jacking killing some misc jumper, and spouting on about how only god can be all places at all times.. yet he decides to act like god and kill him?!?! oh and when hayden's char returns to the bar where bilsons char works.. she sees that hes about to leaves,SHES THOUGHT HES BEEN FUCKING DEAD FOR THE PAST SEVEN YEARS..... and she says "your leaving withotu saying hello". thats really all thats on your mind love? the hayden wooden acting, the lack of chemistry between him and rachel bilson, the terribly inconsitent accent of jamie bell.. urgh i cant go on

8. registeredPORK

registeredPORK Happy Poo Poo

**Spoiler talk**

You do realize that in the movie even Nelly's (Bilson's character) Mom stated that she's always believed he was alive. Remember the scene where she finds the globe on the swing? Yeah... she has never thought he was dead, but that he's always been alive somewhere so she was just kind of sitting around waiting for him.

In any case, besides that, I think her character could of been destroyed. David's love interest was boring, stupid and well, stereotypical in a movie like this. I think it could of been a lot better. Seriously.

Instead of making her the reason he jumped in the first place, it could of just been that Mark was bullying him, and then he falls in the lake and so forth without her character being there.

Not only that, the catalyst could of been finding his mother.

The scene where he jumps in jail to where Mark is... when he's super angry--it doesn't even look and/or sound like he's at all angry. A lot of the emotions seemed so forced, and what made it worse was Nelly.

Griffin's character I liked, and the person that they picked to play him did a pretty decent job. A lot better then the main char.

And remember that Paladin's are fanatics. Bible thumpers. They see themselves as doing God's work so it's OK to them.

9. striderex

striderex New Member

Too much jumping around at some times to know whats going on
    Overall, it felt like a 90 minute trailer

10. 04JETTA

04JETTA OT Supporter

still need to see this

11. tigerafro

tigerafro New Member

stroy wise, the movie was good. there was no character develp. nor was there a plot develp. i agree. 90 min trailer. i think they need a movie so they can travel to these places on someone else's expense.

12. Felixx219

Felixx219 New Member

Nowadays they leave them open because if the movie makes money they want to take advantage and make another. If it bombs then they can just leave it.

13. Eggnog

Eggnog New Member

It was horrible (there was one scene my friends and I were hysterical over, which made up for it though).

To all those that have seen it:
    Sam L Jackson walks into the room:
    'WAIT GUYS, I THINK THEY WERE HERE!'
    *crouches*sprays aerosol*
    'Yeah, see? Space-Time rift.'

14. registeredPORK

registeredPORK Happy Poo Poo

Honestly, his character had every right to suspect that they were there. Look at how the room was. And the aerosol can spray thing... I thought that was a bit funny in my opinion but they really didn't explain a whole lot in the movie (like the weapons, and how they figured all that crap out, etc...).

15. apman0000

apman0000 OT Supporter

went to this movie expecting it to not be very good but fingers crossed with hope that i was wrong,,,,,,i wasn't wrong, this movie is fucking stupid.

save your ticket $, this thing is shit. I don't even know where to start, i just hated about everything about it, i wish Sam Jackson was a bit more picky with scripts

16. TBAG

TBAG ballz on your face

going to wait til DVD

17. Felixx219

Felixx219 New Member

Yeah, I dont know why anyone would think that this movie was worth the price of admission.

18. apman0000

apman0000 OT Supporter

i'm a sucker for Mr Samuel Jackson, i pretty much knew the movie wouldn't be too good but what the heck, i was bored and it's not a million dollars to watch a movie

but yeah, it's not worth going to the theater for unless you are bored as hell

19. Uween

Uween New Member

hmmm......i was just about to watch this....

20. think

think Champion of the sun

right now if your going to the movies with someone i would probably recommend seeing this over shit like " The Eye" if your just casually going. movie wasnt really as bad as alot of people make it out to be. They did leave alot unanswered which hopefully if they do make another one theyll answer.

*spoiler*

they could really go anywhere with a sequel since every character such as griffin, davids mom, and even Roland are still around to encounter with David later on.

21. 04JETTA

04JETTA OT Supporter

just saw it tonight with a friend it was :bowdown: we think theyl make another

22. kwality

kwality OT Supporter

Thought the movie was crap, all my reasons for this opinion have already been posted. And am I the only one who thinks Sam Jackson is overhyped? I mean most of his movies are crap.

23. SS109

SS109 3100 FPS OT Supporter

I give it about a C+. The English guy's story was much more interesting than Hayden's. A Jumper who hunts.

Sidebar: Wouldn't it be cool to be a jumper? But wouldn't you worry about jumping into the middle of a brick wall

24. camrytt

camrytt Sexual Deviant

I saw it on the internet and I don't remember anything from it. If you insist on watching it, just go to alluc.org or whatever you do for free movies online.

25. apman0000

apman0000 OT Supporter

yeah he's done us all wrong, the guy seems to say yes to any script.

sucks cause he can be so awesome but he keeps doing so many shitty movies i'm losing my faith, YOU HEAR ME SAM!!!!!!!!!!