Jump rope crew, recommend some stuff I can do

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Drilldo, Jan 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drilldo

Drilldo Active Member

I think I have mastered jumping up and down, what are some other things I can do with a jump rope for cardio and to improve my coordination?

ib hang yourself

2. Heinzanova

Heinzanova OT Supporter

I spent six months in a boxing class, every day we had to jump rope, every day I would end up either doing a high speed violent faceplant or jumping to a rope that caught my food and laid flaccid on the ground. Some of the seasoned jump ropers would go around the gym hoping on toes and roping... or move it back and forth from side to side like a school girl but I never saw much more than the basic.

3. timberwolf

timberwolf New Member

Double unders... crossovers. I used to skip rope quite abit but haven't in a long time. Was doing 3-5 3 minute for the last few weeks, when I pulled my calf. Waiting for this to recover and get back into it again.

4. scream

scream New Member

haha yeah I started boxing in september. I was terrible at jumping rope at first but i found a video on google called "How to jump rope by Gato Figueroa Jr." and discovered that you don't want to lift your feet much. Now I don't look as retarded.

5. synthetic

synthetic New Member

i love to jump rope between sets..keeps the blood flowing

6. nrgyserboy

nrgyserboy New Member

I jump rope couple times a week as part of my cardio. I'm no pro but I've been doing it for about 5-6 months now and I can do it for a while. I started off doing 100 jumps. Go down and do 25 sit ups. Then stand up and do 100 again and repeat that. After a while once you build up your stamina, you can do 200-300 nonstop and eventually get up to the point where you stop counting and you go off time. Now I just jump for 30 minutes. I'll do up and down jumps, 10 on my right leg, 10 on my left leg, running in place, side to side ski jumps, and criss (sp?) cross, when no one is looking because I suck at it. Hope this helps.

7. Drilldo

Drilldo Active Member

Think I'll try some double unders today, thanks guyth.

8. Thelonius

Thelonius New Member

9. Centipedes? In My Vagina

Centipedes? In My Vagina It's more common than you think

cross overs, double unders, alternating footing, moving around doing different combinations of crossovers, double unders, etc.

10. Foty

Foty Active Member

11. Spur

Spur Boomer

doubles, triples if you're baller enough

crossovers

get a different rhythm in your feet. Amateurs jump with just two feet at a time.

If you get good enough you can switch from a forwards rope swing to a backwards rope swing without stopping the rope.

Watch this video. He spends too much time swinging around the rope, but it'll give you an idea of different stuff to do.

[y]BIc_xHcpXik[/y]

Buddy Lee is :bowdown: Good friend of my old coach. He owns a company that makes excellent speed ropes too, very light weight. http://www.buddyleejumpropes.com/

[y]5MfhJjbNNJE[/y]

12. fooj

fooj OT Supporter

I wear the vibram 5 fingers when I jump and it's money. Ankles and toes are sore the next day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.