Juicers? * NOT pertaining to AAS *

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by DTR rex, Dec 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

Do any of you own a juicer that you use regularly?

It's not easy to get in my standard 5 servings of veggies and 4 serving of fruit a day. I eat well, but usually have the opportunity to get only 3 servings of veggies a day with my meals.

I was considering picking up a juicer in order to more easily get in my daily intake.

I briefly looked over models and I like the Jack Lalanne Power Juicer. Seems strong and it has decent reviews online.

At $150 (for the Lalanne) they're not really that cheap, but might be a worthwhile investment.
    What ya'll think?

2. ralyks

ralyks New Member

$150 is a great price for a cycle, but I've never heard of Lalanne before.

Oh wait...

3. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

The one I am mostly looking at is here:

*Annoying audio when clicking*
    http://www.powerjuicer.com/power-juicer-deluxe.html

I know Montell Williams has one now, but he seems like a jackass. Plus Jack Lalanne is fucking badass. Dude is like 85 or 90 years old and is in better shape than 99% of OTFN.

This is getting a bit off topic now, but this is him at 71 years old:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. ralyks

ralyks New Member

What do you make shakes in?

5. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

I don't make them often, aside from whey and water.

Sometimes I'll bust out my cheap kitchenaid blender and mix whey, coffee, peanut butter, ice, and oats. I do that more in the summer though when it's hot out and I don't feel like eating a hot breakfast.

I blender wouldn't "juice" stuff anyway. The Lalanne power juicer is pretty cool it seems. You just pull whole vegetables and fruits (aside from citrus) in there and it spits out juice and gets rid of the other shit in a rear basket.

6. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

It's not that I don't have time to eat it, it's more-so that I don't have time to prepare it for each meal.

I typically eat 3-4 full meals at home, all of which usually contain either a serving of fruit or a serving a vegetables, sometimes both.

The other 2 "meals" are more like snacks and are usually eaten on the go. For this, I often resort to peanut butter sandwiches or protein bars.

So by the end of the day I am getting in maybe 2-3 serving of veggies and 2 servings of fruit... about half of what I'd ideally like.
    I was thinking the juicer might remedy this since when I have the time (night before or morning of) I could juice a days worth (say 3 servings veggies and 2 servings fruit) and drink half in the morning and half at night or some shit.

I am not super pressed for time at the moment. Currently I am a college student who is not working. I have tons of free time. But in a few months I'll be working (hopefully) 50+ hours a week and even on my easy schedule now getting in all the fruits and veggies I need is a bitch.

I'm just worried between the $150 juicer and the seemingly shit-ton of money I'll spend buying fruits and veggies it will end up being a more expensive venture than I bargained for, lol.

On the upside, my parents offered to get me one and gift card for a produce store for Christmas so this is why I am considering it.

7. Frank Dux

Frank Dux Guest

I bet he was fuckin bitches in their 40's and 50's if he could get it up.

8. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

Maybe. Dude has been married for like 60 years though, lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.