juice diet??

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by bpa00, Jan 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bpa00

bpa00 New Member

I REALLY need to drop about 20 lbs in the next month before my offroad/motocross racing season begins... I'm about 6'3 215 now, and want to get down to at least 195 which is a somewhat more competitive weight.

My current m thru f diet/exercise routine is:
    meal 1. cereal bar
    6:45am-7:15am - lift
    7:15am-7:45am - cardio
    meal 2. decent size breakfast (steak, omelet, etc)(
    11:30am-12:00pm - cardio
    meal 3. decent sized lunch (subway, hot pockets, pizza rolls, etc)
    meal 4. light snack about 3:00pm (mixed nuts, small bag of chips, etc)
    5:15-5:45 - lift
    meal 5. good sized dinner (pretty much a full meal)
    meal 6. decent sized snack about 8:00 (popcorn, hot pocket, etc)

I also have a bad habit of boozing it up at least 1 night on the weekend... Generally about 1 pint of rum mixed w/ diet coke... I also eat out generally once or twice on the weekend.

For whatever reason, I am pretty much stuck at the 215 mark. My current diet plan/scheme is to replace meals 2, 3, & 6 with a glass of juice until I start getting closer to my ideal weight and then slowly start adding meals back in. I also am going to try my best to quit drinking on the weekends, at least for the next month or so...

Is this a good idea?? See any health problems?? I do take calcium supplements and multi-vitamins as well... I realize I'm gonna lose some muscle mass, but that isn't too important as you don't really need to be super broly to race motorcycles or play competitive volleyball (my 2nd sport)...

2. Genghis.Tron

Genghis.Tron New Member

Be realistic. A pound of fat is 3500 cal so you'd have to lose 70 000 cals than you consume over a month. That means you'd have to have a 2500 cal deficit everyday. Losing 10 pounds over a month is a more realistic goal even though it could be challenging. Add HIIT to your routine too.

3. MaineSucks

MaineSucks OT Supporter

jesus no

clean the shit out of your diet

4. bpa00

bpa00 New Member

What's HIIT??

You're probably right in that I should shoot for 10lbs this month, and then make it down to my 195 goal in the next month or 2 after... My record for weight loss was 35 lbs in 3 months but that was 4 years ago when I had a higher metabolism and also used a good amount of ephedra...

5. jonno

jonno New Member

wrong kind of juice

6. Maestro Nobones

Maestro Nobones Great Job! - GLAD DADS CREW

cut some of the greaseball shit out of your diet. what kind of lifting you doing?

7. timberwolf

timberwolf New Member

Bad idea throughout... though supernova might recomend it. ;)

Meal 2 is the only thing I'd stick with.

8. Ceaze

Ceaze https://hearthis.at/DoYouEvenUplift Moderator

psmf

9. bpa00

bpa00 New Member

I eat almost no fried food, so it isn't totally grease ball... I think I average around 3k calories per day... I think I'm going to try trimming about 1k calories out of my diet, and see what happens... My weight is very funny though as a week ago I was around 216, I was 214 when I weighed myself friday, and weighted in at 218 today...

I lost a lot of weight before having juice for breakfast, and a slim fast shake for lunch... I'm really kinda po'ed at myself as I was at around 203 before thanksgiving, and really gouged myself the last 2 months... Now I gotta suffer...

10. bpa00

bpa00 New Member

The thing is that I'm not trying to be broly. Being big and broly is working against what I am training for... Steak, eggs, tuna, and protein shakes used to be a staple of my diet...

11. DCyamaha

DCyamaha O-line found

:rofl:

when they say clean up your diet, they mean:

no chips, no pizza rolls, hot pockets, popcorn

substitute for: protein shake, chicken, tuna, brown rice, whole wheat bread, oats... (for example)

12. darkostoj

darkostoj NEEEERRRRDDDDSSSS

i reccomend bricks, steel beams, and the tears of young children

13. cheltron

cheltron Active Member

:uh: sorry man but you're wrong, gaining muscle even if you stay at the same weight will make you more competitive in any sport (unless you're talking about marathon running which might be a little different)

if you go on a diet of juice for a month you will lose weight but when your first race comes around you'll be weak... good luck with that.

14. bpa00

bpa00 New Member

1 serving of pizza rolls is 350 calories as is 1 hot pocket... I don't see how these 350 calories is worse than say a 350 calorie tuna sandwich... I've always thought that a calorie is a calorie is a calorie... It isn't like I'm eating a 1k calorie extra value meal for lunch...

15. bpa00

bpa00 New Member

When you are racing against 150lb guys, having an extra 65lbs of body weight really hurts... Not just the power/weight ratio, but the fact that I have so much extra weight for my muscles to hold up, and my joints have all that extra weight to support when I come slamming down from way up in the air... The typical mx racer has a lean/ripped build... My current build is much more broly. I'm currently in REALLY good shape, so it is not like I'm some kind of out of shape couch potato...

I am worried about the losing all my energy thing, so I think I'm gonna calm down my original idea some....

16. joy division

joy division New Member

walk on a treadmill for 6 hours a day and only eat 1 apple, plenty of coffee and a pack of cigarettes. You'll lose weight fast- probably be about as good for you as drinking juice.

17. MaineSucks

MaineSucks OT Supporter

yeah wtf. you ask for advice then insist on proving yourself right. you are wrong. but fuck it, substitute all of you meals for nice sugary juices. what the fuck do we care. open up your mind, clear out the bullshit information you have in your head. you arent going to get big and broly by eating clean, lifting, and being smart unless you want to.

are you really serious saying 350 calories of pizza bites is the same thing as a 350cal tuna steak/chicken breast? listen to yourself, jesus.

18. MaineSucks

MaineSucks OT Supporter

you arent very good at picking up sarcasm, are you?

19. bpa00

bpa00 New Member

It is called bringing up how my ideas differ from other's advice, and hoping they might better explain why their way is better... I am worrying about pure calorie counts, while they are more worried about where the calories are coming from...

Diet has never been one of my strong points, but I am realizing it needs to be as I get older and my metabolism slows down... I used to eat like 4k calories per day and drink like a fish on the weekends and was still in really great shape as I had a ravenous metabolism... Can't get away with that any more as I'm nearing 30...

20. Ceaze

Ceaze https://hearthis.at/DoYouEvenUplift Moderator

The Rapid Fat Loss Handbook
    A Scientific Approach to Crash Dieting

How to lose 4-7 pounds of fat and 10-20 pounds of weight in 2 weeks

21. ralyks

ralyks New Member

This thread is gay.

22. bpa00

bpa00 New Member

That is really awesome evidence you have provided to back up your point... I am totally convinced you are right now...

23. timberwolf

timberwolf New Member

not sure if I', misunderstanding....so you want to get down to 195lbs... that I understand.
    But are you somewhat implying that 195lbs at say 20% bodyfat would be easier on your joints than 195lbs at 12% bodyfat?

24. bpa00

bpa00 New Member

I think a lot of the reason I am focusing on calories is that I won't stick to a diet if I'm only eating foods I don't like... I'm trying to find a happy medium...

25. timberwolf

timberwolf New Member

Focus on calories AND macros. Get a certain amount of proteins and EFA's from whatever source. You don't need to eat super clean.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.