Juggling success with jealousy

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by FurryFriend, May 26, 2007.

1. FurryFriend

FurryFriend New Member

For the last two months, I've been flirty with this coworker named Stephanie. For once in my life, I'm proud of myself for being so smooth. In two months, we went from strangers to sharing a warm friendship that hints of something more. These days, when we talk, there is a lot of chemistry, touching, etc. It's almost been a textbook example of how to hit on the office cutie.

Six months ago, this dude named David had declared his interest in her. It's not surprising since David is the office player who has hit on almost half of the female staff. He's actually a good-looking popular guy but perhaps too young and insane to be taken seriously. Like all of his office targets, Stephanie had turned him down and David has since moved on (even made another girl pregnant).

However, I've heard that recently, Stephanie has been texting him, saving his love letters, etc. In short, Stephanie may be developing a delayed interest in him. Either that or, like most young single females, she just wants attention and drama.

This relevation is causing me to lose sleep. I can continue hitting on her but in the back of my mind, I would keep obsessing whether she's in love with David. Sometimes, I'm pissed why I'm attracted to her since she's young and somewhat immature (what kind of chick would keep texting a guy who just made another girl pregnant?!).

I'm tempted to ask straight up if she likes him. But in all my years of failing with women, I know being upfront like this serves no good, especially this early in the friendship. She can lie and I will look like a wimpy clingy beta male.

How should I proceed? Because of her immaturity, and especially with this new relevation, I'm tempted of just dropping her as she's becoming a source of stress and distraction. But who the fuck am I kidding...I really like her. :wtc:

2. Durka Durka

Durka Durka Guest

why would you give out her name

and yes avoid drama. stephanie is a crazy girl's name.

3. Duncan

Duncan Guest

Dude, lock it down. Ask her out. 2 months of flirting as friends is leading you down the wrong path if you ask me. Also, who else do you have that you like to call up and hang out/hook up with. You need more options so that your focus isnt so concentrated on office girl.

4. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

post fixed

5. FurryFriend

FurryFriend New Member

Point taken.

Hey, I'm not a super brave guy. I'm a total fuck. Is that waht you want me to admit? You think people can just turn off their insecurities like a light switch?

6. huntz0r

huntz0r New Member

Admitting you have a problem is the first step. And no, getting over your insecurities is hard, but everybody has them, so quit feeling sorry for yourself and go take a risk.

She might well like you more than the other guy. She might have turned him down because she was waiting for you to ask her out, but she is getting sick of waiting. Or she may not be attracted to you at all. Only one way to find out, to not squander whatever chance you may still have, and to avoid the regret of never trying.