MMA Judo in MMA

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by toothpick, Nov 12, 2007.

1. toothpick

toothpick New Member

Has anyone been noticing Judos effectiveness in MMA?

karo parysian is an excellent example, however there are also people out there with black belts in judo and bjj :noes: eg: shinya aoki and Ranaldo 'jacare' Souze. These people are lethal, and heres my reason why i think this.

After the bjj craze died down and people learned how to sprawl and avoid the take down, as well as getting up from the ground and avoiding submissions, bjj lost alot of its effectiveness, however when u add judo and bjj together, you can keep the fight on the ground as much as you like with a deadly takedown clinch.

Thoughts?

2. acidix

acidix Ua mau, ke ea o ka `aina, i ka pono

I think this is pretty accurate. i think the only art that can be used almost exclusively is wrestling, and that sucks. I'm sick and tired of seeing soandso quadruple A wrestling superstar Corn-Fed Johnnie take down some slick Kickboxer and just hold him down for 3 rounds and get the win.

Even the really successful wrestlers, unless they are slamming people, are pretty unimpressive to watch, especially lately. Hughes v Lytle? Tried over and over for the crucifix position and didnt get it.

3. Five7

Five7 Member

Crosstraining ftw.

Wrestlers (if not versed in another art) ftl.

4. Titus

Titus New Member

i love seeing a good wrestler take down a great muay thai guy and just dominating him with his wrestling. makes me all happy

5. $lacker

$lacker FD/Dental/Canadian/Cage Crews OT Supporter

Keep practicing, Koscheck

6. kronik85

kronik85 New Member

mma is all about seeing who has the best art, if your art completely takes the other person out of their element, and into yours, then you probably have the better art.

that's just the way things go. don't like it? practice sprawling, practice stalling on the ground.

7. Maestro Nobones

Maestro Nobones Great Job! - GLAD DADS CREW

yeah none of us have seen this 'karo' fella :hsugh: we dunno what you mean

seriously though the counterpoint to this is that while karo can judo just about anyone onto their head, he has a severe disability to do something useful with it, like end in a dominant position.

so it looks very cool and is very effective at scoring points but usually doesn't end up doing more than that.

and seriously, BJJ lost it's effectiveness?

8. Judo seems to be really hit or miss, depending on what judo techniques the guy is an expert in (Takimoto vs. Dong Sik vs. Nakamura vs. Mach Sakurai vs. Karo), and wrestlers especially seem to give most Judo guys fits.

9. baner69

baner69 New Member

Doesent Fedors takedowns resemble judo even if it's sambo. then again against Hunt he ended on the botom alot.

10. TigreTek

TigreTek omega member OT Supporter

well, he DID have a broken toe in that fight. :dunno:

11. HouseLing

HouseLing When masturbations lost its fun you'r fucking lazy

and hunt is about a billion pounds :dunno:

where is hunt fighting now? i want to see him again:x:

12. he's battling himself over whether to play more counterstrike or waddle over to popeyes for more fried chicken.

13. toothpick

toothpick New Member

I didnt say bjj has lost its effectiveness, im saying its harder to get people on the ground and keep them there now because everyone is cross training.

I am just saying Judo has been showing its colours in MMA, and when cross trained with bjj = teh scary

14. Kuet

Kuet New Member

althought there is another ten threads about judo im mma..... its so fucking cool i dont even care !!! i love it !!!
    a good judo throw> a good wrestling takedown/throw anyday.