Judging how a woman dresses?!

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Deborah, Jul 6, 2009.

1. Deborah

Deborah Seeing is believing, but I don't want to know.

This post is about your opinion about the way women dress! What is dressing bad or trashy? would it be too much if a girl is showing some cleavage and legs at the same time? would it make a difference if the girl is skinny or a bit thicker? and I don't mean dressing when you are going to work, but for example a night out in the city.

I noticed guys around me rarely say that some one wear slutty clothes (maybe they just don't say it to me) but girls have this tendency to comment on all of these and judge really fast. Motivation of creating the thread is that last night we were having a girls night out. I found a shirt in my closet that I had for a LONG time but never wore it and decided to give it a try. It was showing a bit too much cleavage. Anyway I liked it and wore it. Then as soon as I got to my friend's car she made me feel like a total slut for wearing that which obviously made me just go and change my clothes. At night I showed my boy friend the shirt and he thought it was ok. I am thinking if I were her, I would never comment on some one's clothes like that, I mean if they are comfortable that way and they don't act trashy I don't necessarily see anything wrong with showing some skin.

So I think now I am a bit lost. I am more of a jean and Tshirt girl most of the time and recently I am trying to dress up more when I go out.(mostly because my bf seems to love it!) have some dresses or skirts on and featuring some boobs. I think now I am confused if I am going too much in the transformation. :hsd:

Last edited: Jul 6, 2009
  2. Ford4Life

Ford4Life Guest

Women are far more judgemental about stuff like this then men are.

For guys, it's a personal preference. For me, I like it when women dress classy and show off just enough. A women in heels, a skirt (especially if she has nice legs), and nice top does it for me every time. My ex used to wear black heels, a gray pinstripe skirt that went about halfway to the knee (plenty to cover her ass, but not overly conservative) and a simple white top that showed off a little clevage. I always thought she looked fanstatic in it. Maybe it's just me though. :hs:

3. chickenfeather

chickenfeather New Member

It's your body, so you can show as much skin as you like(legally of course). However, realize that you will be drawing attention to yourself. You cannot rely on guys' opinions because if it were up to them, the most appropriate way to dress is to be naked in their bed with them. Your friend is being a good friend for wanting to take care of you but you should let her know your stance on this issue.

4. Deborah

Even if the guy is your bf and a jealous one? He usually judges people on things but never said anything bad about the way I dress. Actually he thinks I am not that girly/stylish when it comes to dressing up most of the time because of the jean and Tshirt thing, not that he has any problem with it.

I understand what you mean, however this friend of mine very rarely dress up and does not have the best body to show off. I think her fast comments might have to do something with that or not, I dunno.

5. THoC

THoC New Member

girls dont like it when other girls dress sexy.

guys do.

what really matters is what you like. if you are comfortable with what you are wearing, wear it.

6. greenpillow

greenpillow New Member

humm... I think you should not wear PJ out in public.. only exceptions... your sick and you meds.. or your 9 months pregnant and NOTHING fits lol.

or you are 400 lbs and wearing spandex.... I also do not care for camel toes and little girls showing too much

other then that.. whatever makes you happy.

7. huntz0r

huntz0r New Member

The only problem is when a girl is obviously trying to draw attention to herself, like going out in public wearing too much makeup and 50% less fabric than the average Hooters girl. Especially if she isn't that hot.

If a girl is hot and can pull that stuff off, most guys won't care one bit (a few of the losery types might, but only because they secretly want her but know they haven't got a glimmer of a chance)

Me -- I always preferred hot fit girls in jeans, sneakers, and a t-shirt or babydoll to dresses and the like :)

8. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

:werd:

As long as you think highly of yourself, be it sexually or otherwise, I am pleased.

9. FloppyCock

FloppyCock New Member

I don't know if I have ever met a well adjusted adult male who saw an attractive woman in revealing clothing and complained.

10. greenpillow

greenpillow New Member

Women are certianly more harsh then men.. I dont tan.. I could not tan to save my life.. and the one time I did wear shorts to school a bish who obviously goes to a tanning bed told me to get a tan.. I was not showing too much skin.. lol they were normal shorts.. and it was 100 degrees out.. stupid cunt.. lol I put on shorts everyday after that just to piss her off.. one day I even brought her some sun glasses.. haha told her "here you might need these"

11. JohnJohnJohnson

Another rare occasion where you and I agree 100%.

12. huntz0r

huntz0r New Member

What this guy said.

13. JohnJohnJohnson

And he said it well, didn't he? :)

14. chica&buddies

chica&buddies Active Member

i completely agree. i think she opened her mouth and said something in hopes that you'd change so that she didn't look like the frumpy one at the club.

i tend to think all is fair game when you're going to a club. ultimately it's up to you and whether or not you think you look good in a particular outfit. everyone's different. if a girl wore a club outfit to pick up groceries at the grocery store, of course i'm gonna judge her, and i'll quite possibly give her an :hsugh: look.

:rofl: a friend of mine and i were just talking about this. one of her husband's friend's wives dresses very provocative everywhere she goes. they recently had a double date and went to the movies, and my friend told me she was wearing some dress that looked like lingerie. :uh:

15. 1BadZ

1BadZ Uber :Aug2000: GM Nazi

I do. Although that is due to a ex-gf who was into fashion whom got me into it.

What it boils down to is that I dress well and expect my gf to dress well too.

16. ForgottenSpiral

ForgottenSpiral Hope and Irony OT Supporter

I would most definitely describe some outfits as slutty. You know those backless "shirts" that look more like a napkin draped across your boobs? They're usually made out of something plastic and are colored to look like bright blue snake skin. That's an example of something that comes off as slutty. Basically anything that you've seen a hooker wear. Aside from that, you're fine.

17. JamesL

JamesL wat

18. RougeOgre

RougeOgre FS Librarian and MOD

Hand her a football and tell her to hold it next to her face in the mirror 'cause that is what she will look like in a few years and well...you won't!

Pasty girls unite!! :mamoru:

19. RougeOgre

RougeOgre FS Librarian and MOD

Back on subject... I rarely "dress up" but my man has never complained and he is a bit on the conservative side.

Once I did have some female in a large group complain to others about my outfit but my friends told me I looked fine and she was just jealous :mamoru:

20. wolfskymoon

wolfskymoon Guest

Honestly you should dress up as how you are feeling. IF you are horny and want some, dress up slutty. If you just want to have a good time, cover up alittle. If you feel like a professional, dress up like one. It's not rocket science. And the moment you start caring so much about what other people think, is the moment when you will start giving a bad vibe in whatever you dress in.

On the other hand, if you were my woman then I'd tell you not to attract so many men and cover your tits and shit at least. If I was interviewing women for a job, I will more than likely hire the most good looking girl, but if they are all good looking or all ugly, then I'd go with who ever looks the most professional. I mean it's great to have a tease around in the office, but I just can't work with half of my blood in my crotch, need some for the brain. Basically you have to either pick between getting judged or feeling uncomfortable in something you don't want to wear. Pick your poison.

21. Vysion

Vysion New Member

Dress how you want to dress. If you like it and it looks good on you, who cares what your girlfriends say. They're just trying to steal your spotlight.

Just don't be one of those girls that dresses with their tits hanging out and wonders why all the guys are staring at their breasts. If you're going to put them out on display then I will look at them.

22. Deborah

:rofl: never really noticed a hooker.

No body is talking about work environment here dude. We were going to a club.

23. GTLifter

GTLifter Banned

it's cool for dudes to be grizzled and windbeaten but it's not a good look for chicks

24. saosko

saosko OT Supporter

If she looks like she can kick my ass, no thx.

25. GTLifter

GTLifter Banned

:eek3:

it'd take a big bitch to look like she could kick my ass