MIL JROTC

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by repda916, Apr 10, 2008.

1. repda916

repda916 New Member

im a junior in high school and i was told about the JROTC program, Not sure what its about though. can someone care to explain

2. ManinCamo

ManinCamo I wear big boy pants.

3. kawasakizx6rrrr

kawasakizx6rrrr New Member

word up

4. willijdub

willijdub New Member

watch major pain.

5. Ranger-AO

Ranger-AO I'm here for the Taliban party. Moderator

My two oldest sons were in JROTC in High School. It's a good intro to military concepts. You will learn a lot about the military, get some discipline, do some PT, learn the rank structure, etc. You will also get additional rank right off the bat if you ever decide to enlist in the real military.

6. dura

dura Guest

And when you do go into the military, don't mention your JROTC experience in training.

7. Ranger-AO

:werd: Tell your recruiter so you can get the extra rank, but DO NOT say anything about it once you show up at basic. :noes:

8. brackac

brackac Fuck all of this. OT Supporter

Mentioning you are JROTC in basic guarantees you special privileges and rights.

9. MrRyan

MrRyan Gary Johnson 2016 OT Supporter

Fuck JROTC

10. NEp8ntballer

NEp8ntballer New Member

it's nothing like the real military, or real ROTC. I'm not in the real military yet, but if they can't even make it like the next step up then I'd be afraid to jump from JROTC into active duty. Unless you plan on enlisting and using the four years of JROTC to teach you how to march, learn some AF history, and get an extra stripe out of basic I wouldn't do it.

I did it and I'm not too sure if I'd do it again. you might also be able to use it to get out of taking a PE class.

11. repda916

repda916 New Member

i thought it was only 2 years? also what do you do exactly? run and train? i seen some videos on youtube do you get the blue uniforms?

12. NEp8ntballer

NEp8ntballer New Member

it may have changed, I think it may have been three when I was in. the main thing that you do is course work and learn how to wear the uniform. You will probably also march one day out of the week and have to wear the uni one school day out of the week and be inspected. inspections will count for your grade also. When I was in they hada physical fitness ribbon, but according to some people they have added a physical training aspect to it. AFJROTC doesn't have many opprotunities to do physical fitness compared to army JROTC. they have a bunch of programs where it's more of a real military environment. You will get the blue uniform if it's AFJROTC. when just wearing a shirt it is similar to what people on active duty wear but there are some differenes with the ranks.

13. Ranger-AO

My sons knew Land Nav like the back of their hand before they ever stepped foot into basic training. They could form up a Company, do whatever marching/facing commands needed to get them from point a to point b, and a lot of other high school environment glimpses into the military way of doing things - all before they ever joined. They also had a different type of peer pressure than the regular negative High School crap.

I have nothing bad to say about JROTC.

14. amazon84

amazon84 New Member

College ROTC is cool too (Lots of land nav and rapelling :eek3::rofl:)

15. NEp8ntballer

NEp8ntballer New Member

maybe on the Army side. On the bluer side of things they make up a huge plan for three AFROTC dets to meet at an Army camp a couple hours away to do some really fun stuff like rappelling, LRC, confidence course, etc. But four or five days before we leave they decided that there was too much liability and risk involved so the plan got highly modified. We ended up at somebody's acreage to play a "military version" of capture the flag. Still awful fucking gay. You had to physically touch a person to get them out. Since when is that realistic? The next day we went on a two mile run in boots and had a class competition. I know of other ways I would have preferred to spend my time.