MIL Joining the Marine Corps

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by HomeStyle, Sep 17, 2008.

1. HomeStyle

HomeStyle OT Supporter

I will leave for boot camp in June, after i graduate from high school. I would like to start getting in shape as soon as possible and I need an idea of what I should focus on and amounts for such exercises. I started running 3 miles every morning and I am also doing pull ups and sit ups until I burn out.

Any suggestions/advice?

2. Twisted STi

Twisted STi All wheel or no wheel OT Supporter

Sounds like your well on your way with your preperations. Boot camp is more mental than pyhsical anyways.

3. usmcdevil

usmcdevil wouldnt you like to know

i hope you dont mine yelling. oh and dont laugh at the drill instructors or at their voices

4. usmcdevil

mos? open contract?

5. HomeStyle

HomeStyle OT Supporter

i haven't settled on an mos yet, or a list. still thinking what would fit me.

6. Twisted STi

Twisted STi All wheel or no wheel OT Supporter

now that was hard to get used to, I have a really hard time not letting my emotions reach my face

7. RoblesGT

RoblesGT [Track Days: 19 ][Crashes: 1] [SuMo Days: 1 ][Cras OT Supporter

if you already got a ship date be prepared to only have a slim selection of MOS options or Open Contract ... :hsugh:

you cant prepare mentally for what's ahead ... and the physical is the easy shit

8. thekinggovernor

thekinggovernor OT Supporter

sounds like 03 infantry to me

9. TRN

TRN Well-Known Member

Start working on push-ups as well.

Good luck poolie.

10. nsxrebel

nsxrebel New Member

Until he gets to MCT/ITB at SOI. You'll come to know Mt.Motherfucker very intimately. Even in bootcamp, the Grim Reaper will probably kick your ass, but still nothing compared to Mt. MoFo. Well, that's if he's west coast, aka a "Hollywood" Marine.

11. WildBull

WildBull Guest

it's easy to not laugh at them when spit is flying in your face.

12. EYOB

EYOB Guest

Oh, and trying taking 1 or 2 college classes, at least, just to get a feel for 2nd tier education before you ship out.

13. nsxrebel

nsxrebel New Member

Don't listen to this shitbird. Couldn't even get ass in a massage parlor :mamoru: , yeah I'm never gonna let that one die.

14. EYOB

EYOB Guest

The consensus of most OG Marines in this sub-forum, is that they regret joining the Marines, or something to that aspect. There are better branches to join.

The only reason anyone should join the corps, is if their primary and only reasons would be pride, fitness, and image.

If you're hoping the Marine Corps will give you a better life, better quality of life, more freedoms, nice benefits, on-the-job training, you're either better off joining another branch or not joining at all. The Marine Corps has to leech off the Navy to get proper funding for any action it takes.

15. usmcdevil

im planning on doing my enlistment and getting out i have 3 years left its inteersting but alot of fucking bullshit that i thought i was leaving behind. you will grow close with your unit once you get there mcrd san diego or PI

myself PI 2026

16. nsxrebel

nsxrebel New Member

I'm a OG :cool: I don't regret joining the Marines. I kinda regret procrastinating on reenlisting and then joining the Chair Guard. But I don't regret leaving the guard and reenlisting in the Marine Corps. Some will say they hate the Corps and it's bullshit, but deep down they love it. I do. I guess part of that has to do with your job and wether you love it or hate it.

17. thekinggovernor

This isn't true, you are a shitbag that shouldn't be allowed to give advice about joining the Marine Corps or pretty much anything in life.

There are plenty of opportunities in the Marine Corps, except you don't want to deploy or get promoted.

18. RoblesGT

STFU You fucking failure. Out of all the shitbirds on this board and the ones I've met while in service, you are by far the biggest piece of shit flushed out of your moms ass.

That being said, stop giving people advice and stop posting in this sub-forum. You dont rate to say shit anymore to anyone about the military and any other branch.

While in the USMC, make the right phone calls, paperwork and talk to the right people and you can do plenty. Only shitbags like you get held back and not allowed to do shit. :uh:

19. EYOB

EYOB Guest

Did you reenlist ??

20. EYOB

EYOB Guest

I understand the first sentence/paragraph, but not the second.

21. EYOB

EYOB Guest

Oh, and aside from being a shitbag, which I do admit, what part was I wrong about:
    • That other branches have better shit in just about all aspects
    • About giving college a try first
    • That the only reason someone should join the Corps is because of pride, image, fitness, and only those things ??

22. RoblesGT

No. I'm now working in the Web Development department at Mercedes Benz.

23. nsxrebel

nsxrebel New Member

At least you admit it, shitbag.

The grass is not always greener on the other side of the fence. Just ask any service members from the other branches, they'll tell you they have some fucked up shit to deal with as well.

I was stationed for the most part at MCAS Miramar. The barracks look like a fucking university campus. Yet, I've been to Little Rock AFB among other bases, and they have some shitty facilities.

Once again, STFU. It's your own fault you didn't take advantage of the opportunities you were given.

24. usmcdevil

yeah the miramar bricks do my buddies are stationed down there its nice but small and they are dicks down there sometimes.

25. thekinggovernor

people join the Marine Corps for other reasons than to be a poser