GUN Joining the AR crew... excited

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Market Garden, Mar 24, 2008.

1. So I just ordered this upper on friday. I'll probably order a lower in the next few days. I've heard good things about CMMG, except about them responding to emails. I've hared that they can take their sweet time getting stuff done and shipped too. Nonetheless, I'm excited. The purpose of this rifle is just as a simple, functional rifle. I'm going to stick with an A3 rear sight and nothing else too fancy. If I really get the itch to shoot long distance with an AR I can always use my dad's CAR A3 HBAR Elite.

[​IMG]

2. RyeLou

RyeLou OT Supporter

Very cool. I've gone through a shit ton of money the past month or so ordering stuff for mine (including the gun itself)

Actually last night I ordered the new VFG that LaRue just came out with. It has the 3 different end caps so you can pick which works best for you. Big fan of LaRue itself...figured I'd pick it up while it was 15% off for the "Team Members"

3. ZCP M3

ZCP M3 Active Member

They make good stuff, but get your order EXACTLY right. God forbid if you have to contact them and/or return something, cuz its more likely that you'll fuck Adriana Lima before they respond to an e-mail/phone call.

4. Yeah. I don't know why the fuck people who have businesses think that it's ok not completely ignore their customers.

5. bigboostdsm

bigboostdsm New Member

:coold:

Did you get it with the FA carrier? What does that add to it? (not too keen on how the FA stuff works :o)

6. JaimeZX

JaimeZX Formerly of :Sep 2001: fame - Also: Sprout Crew OT Supporter

oooOOooo she's my faaaavorite. :drool:

Where do I order? Where? :blue:

7. I got it with the FA carrier. It was a no-cost option. People argue that it makes the rifle more reliable, others say it doesn't do anything at all. I figure if I can have it for free, why not.

8. RyeLou

RyeLou OT Supporter

The idea is supposed to be that a FA unit would work harder and thus should be stronger than a SA unit. There are arguments for both sides. IMO if you get a quality SA unit to start with there shouldn't be a problem.

9. Yeemix

Yeemix My Doggah!

I was just reading somewhere about 14.5" barrel with middy gas systems have some problems when the temperature gets really cold. I think 16" barrels benefit from the mid length the most.

10. How cold? Are we talking like mild-winter cold, or like north pole cold?

11. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

Good choice, you'll be fine. Also people are spot on about them not responding to your email. Some entrepreneurial OT'er could eat their lunch if they sold the same stuff with great customer service.

12. Didact

Didact I have no idea what I'm doing

Dammit ain't that the truth. No problems at ALL with their product, looks 3x better as other manufactuers IMHO. Price is reasonable too.

But dammit their customer service sucks big foots cock.

13. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

All you have to do is keep calling back til someone answers the phone.

</arfcom's idea of customer service>

14. Yeemix

Yeemix My Doggah!

I don't remember, I think I read that somewhere on M4carbine.net when I was thinking of a middy 14.5". I ended up going carbine length after everything was said and done.

15. johnson

johnson New Member

Not even sure that THEY make it.

An LMT lower and upper should cost about the same.

16. hsmith

hsmith OT Supporter

:rofl: ARFCOM has some weird ideas about a lot of things

17. Didact

See here's the problem. They have a seperate 'customer service' that's independent of the main warehouse. It's more of an 'answering service' like anyone of us can pay a monthy fee for. Well it gets even more complicated when the people at the answering service have no clue/knowledge/understanding of firearms or parts. Then, the messages are all turned in at the same time to anyone that recieves them, and are probally placed on a desk. These messages are then read at someone's convinence when they happen to head to the warehouse.

Case in point -- I ordered my lower from them. Recieved it in a box that looked like it was used for football (ripped corner, bent on one end). Lower was find, two little nicks but nothing I was actually pissed about. Emailed the company 3 times and called a dozen times before I got a response 2 weeks later to have me mail it back. Too late, it was on the rifle.

Before I bought the upper, the answering service TRIED to answer my questions -- "Sure we have those in stock". So I order. Call the next day because I didn't get an email confirmation with order number. "Sir, we don't have those in stock -- it'll be at least 2 weeks". "But you took my payment information and...." "Yes sir, and your name was placed on the list for next..." "But she said you had it in stock!" "Sir, I'm the only 'she' at this warehouse and I assure you this is the first time I've spoken with you'.... :eek4:

18. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

I can't imagine it would be that bad to make your online store actually work with an inventory system to give users some idea of if things are in stock and how far off their build is...

19. Didact

I agree.

I asked about that.

No answer.

But in the end, they DO make a great product. Just very lazy about it. :bigthumb:

20. Yeah. I still haven't gotten any sort of order confirmation or anything. I guess I shouldn't expect to. I hope in a week or two my upper just shows up. :hs:

I'll probably buy a lower from someone else.

21. Didact

Hey man I wish no ill luck on ya, but when I got my upper from a CMMG dealer, they were 2 months behind on assembly of uppers. Of course that was back in Jan/Feb so hopefully they're caught up.

If you get yours in 2 weeks I'll be very impressed. :hs:

22. Me too. :hs: I've heard that they've caught up a bit since SHOT. I guess I can only wait.