TAT Joining the Apa crew...

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by DaTaSPiKe, Dec 29, 2007.

1. DaTaSPiKe

DaTaSPiKe Active Member

Well, I think with the holidays and the adequate time off to heal, the time has come for my much wanted Apa. :eek3: Plus I'd never forget when I got it.

I've been going over and over all of the past threads about the apa, and I am stoked. Nervous as hell, but as someone said, I'm kind of attached to the little guy, so I guess it's ok. :noes:

Can anyone give any last minute after care suggestions? As far as sleeping arrangements (towels, etc), as well as first couple days of at work experience (I have to wear dress clothes :ugh:). Also, what is an average price for the piercing? I've seen 80, to the upwards of 120.

And one more thing how the hell is apadravya pronounced? Apa dre ve ya?

2. Miss Red

Miss Red New Member

Best of luck, dude! I had a friend that had their's done and they loved it!

3. DaTaSPiKe

DaTaSPiKe Active Member

The Morning After. :wiggle::run::eek3:

Well, I went to a my local shop called Outer Limits in Costa Mesa, CA. And spoke with Gregg. This guy was top notch. He went over everything, from the type of care, to the possible complications :)noes:). Answered all my questions no matter how silly they may have been.

The entire process took about a half hour. First sterilizing the area, and using sterilized jewelery he picked out the appropriate barbell, ended up going with a 10ga 1 3/8" monster. Told me to kick back for about 10 minutes and put everything in the autoclave (sp?) again.

Everything was ready, so he marked me up, told me where everything was going, and why. He seemed to have pretty good knowledge, and made me feel very comfortable.

He told me his procedure is a little bit different than say an ear, tongue or even a frenum piercing. What he was planning was to pierce me with a 11ga needle, and do an immediate stretch to the 10ga. :eek3: Overall he made sure I was well aware of what was about to happen.

As with probably every piercing he had me doing nice deep breathes and said that it's a 2 step initial pierce and then we would give me a moment to relax and then continue. I'm not going to say that the piercing wasn't bad, but it wasn't great. But it definitely was an interesting sensation. After the initial piercing he gave me a couple moments to breathe and focus, told me again the upcoming steps of the stretch to the 10ga and then the placement of the barbell.

This is where it got uncomfortable. I have to admit that the stretching was probably the worst part of this whole experience, not that Gregg didn't do a good job, it just hurt like a bitch. :o He completed the last steps of the stretching and placing of the barbell in what seemed like seconds, and was done in no time.

He was done, and told me to take a look. I was amazed. I finally got it. I've wanted one for about 3 years, but started with a frenum because my piercer suggested I start off a little slower. I am glad I did. Also to my surprise I didn't have any blood loss. Not a drop. :wiggle:

Fast forward to this morning. Sleeping was a little uncomfortable, wrapped the little guy in some gauze and slept in boxer briefs. Left a couple towels on the bed to sleep on, just in case. Woke up a couple times due to rolling over. Had a little bit of blood, but I can only assume that I probably tugged or moved the barbell. Otherwise no problem.

Overall great experience.

*** NOT Work Safe Images ***

Here are some actual procedure pictures. :o

Here are some pics at 2 months with a fitted barbell.

Cliffs: Stuck a big needle through the little guy.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2009
  4. Memor

Memor Active Member

Holy shit, way to go! :bigthumb:

5. ERabbit

ERabbit OT Supporter

Wow, i can only imagine how that felt, did he give you any local anesthetic? or was it just pierce and pierce?

6. cuttin' wax

cuttin' wax New Member

Very nice. Im still too much of a pussy to get my PA done :o

7. DaTaSPiKe

DaTaSPiKe Active Member

No anesthetic, just the needle.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2007
  8. DaTaSPiKe

DaTaSPiKe Active Member

I would think the PA would hurt a little more because of the way it has to go through the urethra. I remember having a cotton swab stuck in there for an STD test, I about clocked the doctor doing it.

9. knight42

knight42 OT Supporter

I kinda want to get this done, I have a PA but this seems so much more painful, lots more meat to go through! Plus when I got my PA I didnt have a gf, now it would be hard to not have sexy time and let it heal. How long does an apa take to heal compared to a pa? Is it easy to take off and put back in like a PA? Im sure once its healed I would like an apa better.

10. DaTaSPiKe

DaTaSPiKe Active Member

My piercer actually recommended that I start with a PA first and then once that's healed and I still want the Apa, to just put another hole. I decided not to because I just don't like the way PA's look. From everything I've read Apa's take about 3 to 6 months, but as everyone else says, each person is different. Switching the jewelery, well I am not sure, perhaps AMB or SGS can toss in some comments.

11. Memor

Memor Active Member

Yeah same. I think eventually I'll suck it up and get the PA turned into an APA. It will be nice not having a metal catheter shoved down my urethra again for sure...that was sooooo uncomfortable haha.

12. DaTaSPiKe

DaTaSPiKe Active Member

Bumping this thread again... I've got my Apadravya back. :wiggle:

Went to Japan for a couple weeks last year over Christmas, took it out cuz the girl I was sexoring didn't like it, lost the barbell. :o

Got back to the states, was able to get a PA going, but no luck on the top hole. Even tried with a taper.

Wasn't sure if I was going to keep it at all, so stuck with the PA for a bit.

Lets just say, that re-piercing and stretching to a 6ga SUCKS. :hsd:

13. dumb_end_user

dumb_end_user Sad Gus

Been there, done that. :o

14. DaTaSPiKe

DaTaSPiKe Active Member

:hugot:

15. Memor

Memor Active Member

i think my pa/apa hole on the bottom is permanently open :rofl: been a year and a half now since I took the last one out and still about half the time i take a leak I'll have an OH SHIT OH SHIT readjustment to do

i think a lot of it has to do with having repierced + stretched two different times over ~4 years

16. CrowCaw

CrowCaw New Member

Reading that post made me so comfortable.
    I've got a few piercings but I don't think I could handle this.

17. dumb_end_user

dumb_end_user Sad Gus

:hs:

18. DaTaSPiKe

DaTaSPiKe Active Member

:hsd: how big did you go?

19. DaTaSPiKe

DaTaSPiKe Active Member

It's definitely not for everyone.

20. Memor

Memor Active Member

originally had a PA done I think at a 10, was in for maybe 7 months, then took it out since girl i started dating found it uncomfortable (and it was a pain anyhow)

then made it an APA about 2 years later at an 8, took it out after like 2 months because i started dating another girl and was too impatient to let it heal and really wanted to bang her :rofl:

then was hammered 2 summers ago and went to re-pierce the APA, but the guy was apparently able to slide a 10 right in there, which i stretched up to a 6 i think. Had to take it out when I went to rehab

21. Memor

Memor Active Member

in conclusion i'm never fucking around with piercings ever again

22. DaTaSPiKe

DaTaSPiKe Active Member

:rofl: :hugot:

23. tommydervan

tommydervan New Member

:rofl: This