joing a gym, but confused on where to get an excersice program for my body?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by quamen, Aug 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quamen

quamen New Member

Im finally joining a gym for my own sake on trying to become a little more energetic and define some muscle. My body type is slim as im 6"2" narrow and only 155 lbs. My goal is to really gain a little weight and get cut up. the gym im joining is very nice and costs 50 dollars a month, but it is well worth it in my opinion.

Im looking for some kind of training program that i can use to get the results as i explained above. MY biggest concern is doing any running outdoors, i dont want to lose any weight but i sure do like running. I was wondering if it is possible to do this, or should i stay away from the running? I have no clue about any workout plans, ways of getting results im looking for etc. This may sound extreme, but im looking towards gettting a bruce lee style contours. Im ready to work hard, just need direciton to start.

2. ralyks

ralyks New Member

You'll have to start eating another 500-1000 calories per day to gain weight while exercising and doing cardio. Some gyms will give you a trainer for 1 session when you sign up to show you exercises and give you a program at no charge, check if your's will do that. Keep your cardio and working out seperate, if you do one at night do the other in the morning. If you haven't already, read the stickies and archives.

3. Hartman

Hartman New Member

Your #1 goal is to EAT for gods sake. You're 155 pounds at 6'2, a fluffy kitten could break you in half.

4. Bush77

Bush77 New Member

5. quamen

quamen New Member

yeah but is that for like big mass building? im not looking to get huge, but more defined and bulk a little but nothing crazy. appreciate the replies and i do eat a shit load, i never stop eating but i still dont gain weight.

6. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

http://forums.offtopic.com/showthread.php?t=1943477

Pick whatever decent routine you want. Your diet is the key.

7. quamen

quamen New Member

consuming 6000 plus calories a day shouldnt really be that hard then/he says he visited mcdonalds everday almost. I thought a big mac was like over 1000 calories, but i maybe wrong

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.