Jogging Straight Through Or Intervals?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by who?, Jun 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. who?

who? Guest

whats the difference between jogging say 20 minutes non stop, or jogging 8 mins, stopping for 2 mins, jog another 8 mins, etc?
    any benefits to either method?

2. broccoli

broccoli New Member

jogging for 20 min. will give you more aerobic endurance than jogging for 8 and resting for 2.

3. who?

who? Guest

any benefits of jogging in intervals?
    my friend told me that it's "better", i didnt ask why at the time, i was tired as shit and then forgot about it

4. Elfling

Elfling New Member

Depends on what you're trying for. If it's burning calories, no real difference in the end. If you're working on endurance for racing purposes, better to do the straight through- though 20 minutes isn't much in that scheme of things.

5. kronik85

kronik85 New Member

what are your goals for jogging this 20 mins.

6. Raithan

Raithan :wackit:

Are you sure that when he said jogging in intervals he didn't mean like jog for 5 minutes, then RUN for 1, then jog for 5, run for 1, etc? I know boxers and whatnot like to train like that so they train their bodies to give massive energy spurts for short periods of time, then drop their heartrates quickly to rest.

7. uofapeter

uofapeter New Member

intervals are better for getting in shape quicker. as for burning calories, its just a function of your heartrate over time. running long distances can also change some of your muscle fibers to slow twitch if you do it too much. (though you shouldnt really worry about it.

try hard intervals and then jogging the same distance and see which is harder...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.