Jogging shoes suggestions

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Lava Joe, Dec 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lava Joe

Lava Joe Guest

What kinda shoes would be suggested for someone who is starting a regimen of walking/jogging? I haven't really been physically active forever and am a big guy so I would need something comfortable for a n00b. Are there any that OT suggests or should I just pick up what is comfortable for me?

2. crown royal

crown royal Active Member

Just don't spare expense on a nice pair of running shoes. I really like my new balance.

But ONLY wear them to work out in. Don't wear them around - you treat your running shoes like equipment, not casual clothes.

3. Frazz

Frazz New Member

Me and my brother love Brooks....

Go to an actual running shoe store and don't look at prices and tell them to bring you the 3 best for your foot type, try them on and maybe job around the store or out front if they'll let you and then pick the most comfortable ones.

Pay no attention to the cost, every penny is worth it not to get fucked up shins, knees, and hips...

Go back and redo this after 350-500 miles the average running shoe life, after that point you might as well me walking around barefoot.

4. Formz

Formz Hipster Santa OT Supporter

sweet jesus I thought it said 'logging shoes suggestions' and I was going to come in here and post some flannel..... and beards.

5. irKevLar

irKevLar New Member

I wear Asics currently.
    I would do what Frazz says but after you've found the perfect pair write down the model number and leave that store. Those "running shoe stores" will charge you at least 2x more than what you can find at a general athletic store or online.

6. Joser

Joser Active Member

starbury. 14 dollars.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.