Joggers/Runners...some questions

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Non-Photo Blue, Feb 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. How often do you runners run a week?

What's the best time for you to run...say like the morning or night?

How long do you usually run...or do you calculate by miles?

Name your running shoe brands?

2. Lurker111

Lurker111 New Member

When I was running [I'll get back to it once my strength is where I want it to be] I would run 3 times a week. In the military they would sometimes run us 5 days a week at schools and 3 or 4 times a week for normal physical training with the unit.

I prefer running in the morning. Evenings were better than nights for me.

I would run for a distance goal and then try to hit that distance within a specific time or better. Start out hitting 1.5-2 miles as slow as you need to so that you can complete the run WITHOUT stopping. Slowly improve your time to distance and increase the mileage. Also throw in some interval training (not HIIT though just standard 1/4 mile intervals with your fast interval being 3-5 seconds faster than your average 1/4 mile time [calculated from your current time to distance] and a slow 1/4 mile lap about 50% longer). I usually would run anywhere from 3 to 5 miles depending on how much time I had...if I really felt up to it I would occassionally run 7-9 miles but you need water available if you are running for more than 30 minutes.

I would just run in any running shoe with sufficient cushioning. If I didn't like it I'd just try a different brand in a few months when I had to buy new running shoes anyway.

3. xpinchx

xpinchx hes got a nice cock, on the thin side but its stil

I find it's best to run in the morning if it's possible. For me, mornings tend to be all routine (get up, eat, shower, dress, etc.) It's pretty much the same every day, but my evenings and nights are pretty spastic.

4. LanceUppercut

LanceUppercut New Member

I run twice a week, at night, for five miles, and I wear Nike's. Alot of people like New Balance, but they always feel funky to me.

5. Mecca

Mecca I'm a Baller i got Balls.

i hate running but its gonna be the only way for me to lose weight :wtc:

6. l S3RG10 l

l S3RG10 l New Member

I run four times a week, 3 miles normally and love my Adidas shoes. Always at night, I hate running during the day.

7. 12 A.M. :eek3d:

I was contemplating running aroudn taht time, but I remember I always hear the coyotes and I yelp like a girl.

8. iCe

iCe Active Member

I jogged about 8-10 miles/week.

9. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

i go to the local track at like 8pm and do sprints. then i walk for 30-60 mins

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.