MIL Jobs for military retired ?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Rodthrower18, Jan 3, 2006.

1. Rodthrower18

Rodthrower18 New Member

Hey all, my uncle is lookin for a job again(wanted to take a real vacation for the first time in his life) now that hes retired, and I was wonderin if you guys knew of any places with decent pay and all of that jazz, unfortunately he is willing to relocate(sux bc he barely came back home but ya gotta do wat ya gotta do). He was an open 5900 in the Marine Corps, he has experience in embark, electronics maint(obviously), ATC(started his career in the Corps as a controller, and a ton of other shit that ive forgotten and should probably ask. Anyway just trying to see if anyone knew of something good for him, I mean it would really suck to get stuck with a shit job after 20yrs ya know ? He's interested in Police work but doesnt want to apply to a city thats not really looking for more officers. Any other questions just ask me and i'll post up or ask him if I dont know. Thx in advance you guys :wavey:

2. Rodthrower18

Rodthrower18 New Member

I dont think he's wantin to see combat anymore, otherwise he wouldn't have intentionally not put in for E7 the last time and incur the 6yr contract or watever it was.

3. Rodthrower18

Rodthrower18 New Member

???? the only site i found was Army he was USMC:dunno: if that makes a difference

4. Cyprian

Cyprian New Member

If he's interested, perhaps he could get a bit more training in electronics and become an electrician. I've heard the money in that isn't too bad.

5. 202 Stroker

202 Stroker We watch the lightning crack over cane fields ..

I'm not sure what the current employment climate is like in the US for electricians, but here in Australia, electricians (atm) can basically name their price and get it .. I did my trade appenticeship as an electrician, spent a few years working as a sub contractor , then applied to the Navy as a Marine Engineering Officer..

When I was a sub contractor, I was making about $70/hr (~US$50/hr) but the company i was sub contracting off folded and I wanted a little challange in life, so applied to the RAN.
    (( as TheNewManaro will attest.. working on the HMAS Dechaineux is interesting to say the least .. throw July 2003 and HMAS Dechaineux into Google :eek3:...))

6. TheNewMonaro

TheNewMonaro New Member

Yes... interesting :mamoru:

Meanwhile the Black Knight gets all the press :o

7. TheNewMonaro

TheNewMonaro New Member

Oh, and yes. The Market for electricians here is pretty good to, a mate of mine does all data stuff for commerical buildings and is doing well. Bit of cash work on the side etc.

8. 202 Stroker

202 Stroker We watch the lightning crack over cane fields ..

QFT .. freaking Rankin :squint:

9. TheNewMonaro

TheNewMonaro New Member

:hug: