job market... what would you do

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by michelin man, Feb 11, 2007.

1. michelin man

michelin man IDB Construction

Co-worker posted his resume online and already setup 4 interviews in one week. The only thing holding me back is my current role as project manager for our MOSS / SharePoint 2007 rollout and continued development.

would you stick with the MOSS project
    or
    hit the market whiles its hot

2. KRYST!

KRYST! wat

You can apply for jobs pending completion of current projects. Alot of people do this.

Usually its only succesful if you can lock in a completion date for a rollout and get another existing colleague up to speed on what you want to achieve

3. michelin man

stage one of the rollout will happen in the next week or so.

i just dont know if i would be better served to stick around and get a firm background on MOSS / Sharepoint 07 (seems like a hot ticket).

4. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

I guess that depends on two things:

1. Are you likely to find a better job (not just a higher-paying job) than the one you have now?

2. Are you willing to take the risk of being the newest guy at another company, and thus being the first to get laid off if the company hits hard times?

5. Run N. Gun

Run N. Gun Active Member

Multi-task. My theory is always keep your options open and talk to other recruiters. If someone wants to interview you, then talk to them. It never hurts to talk. If you wait for this project to end, the next project will be right behind it...then what? Either you want to explore the market or you don't. Don't sit on the fence. If you're comfortable and content where you are, then stay put. If not, quietly talk to other companies. Remember, "do nothing" is always an option.

6. michelin man

i'm going to roll the dice on sharepoint / moss and see what happens.

thanks for the input