Job in Chicago: GUI Developer

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by accord126, Mar 16, 2007.

1. accord126

accord126 New Member

Hey, my company is looking for a GUI developer. Its a proprietary trading firm that's got pretty damn good benefits including free food and drinks all day long plus all your basic medical, dental, etc. Let me know if anyone is interested and I'll take your resume to the CFO.

here's the job description/pre-req's:

GUI Developer:
    Responsibilities
    · Designing and programming client side GUIs to be used in electronic trading systems and other real time market driven applications.
    · Working closely with traders and other development groups to gather requirements and understand the necessity of the systems being written.
    · Producing and maintaining design documents and usage manuals for the code written by the applicant.
    · Contributes to the engineering efforts to automate processes, monitor systems and improve software management.
    · Continual research into new programming principals and technologies.
    · Code maintenance and optimization of both new and legacy code.
    · Regression and unit testing of both new and legacy code.
    Requirements
    · 3+ years programming experience in C# .NET, C++/MFC, Java/SWT/AWT, or QT.
    · 3+ years GUI programming experience C# .NET preferred.
    · Excellent understanding of multi-threading performance issues, event driven programming, and advanced GUI design patterns.
    · Experience with networking middleware, libraries, and protocols such as ACE, TIBCO/RV, UDP multicasting, and socket programming.
    · Familiar with the challenges of developing high performance software including displaying high volumes of data from multiple sources while maintaining user interaction response time.
    · Ability to work in and lead a small team focused on delivering optimized, high performance, cutting edge trading software.
    · Ability to produce maintainable, well documented software.
    · Ability to effectively communicate with other developers and users to gather business requirements and create consensus.
    · Experience with writing trading system GUI’s is preferred but not required.
    Education
    · Bachelors degree or higher in computer science/engineering.

2. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

Tempting, but you failed to mention the name of the company, provide a link to its website, or even offer to provide that info via a private message should someone be interested in the job.

So you're looking for someone to build/renovate some kind of web-based stockbrokering software, or something like that?

3. accord126

accord126 New Member

in a word yes, its not really stocks we mainly trade fixed income products but not that that really matters. The company is drw, the website is www.drwtrading.com if you have any questions I've been working here for about a year. If you have any interest in the Job please email me at [email protected] with your resume.

I'm not in the software side of things so I really don't have much of an idea of total compensation or anything but I can tell you the company is very young, very fun place to work. Lots of good things coming down the road, we are constantly expanding, and our methodology of trading does not lend itself to a Amaranth style blowout since we are a market maker so you have good job security assuming you don't suck. That said this isn't a job if you are a slacker. You will be working hard and pushed to meet stringent deadlines but also compensated properly. Again feel free to PM for more info.

4. accord126

accord126 New Member

bump...anyone interested? Also if you do want to get ahold of someone please contact me first as i get a referral bonus if you get the job and that would be nice.