[Job Ad] Programmers in the Dallas/FT Worth area or those willing to move!

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Scoob_13, Jan 19, 2003.

1. Scoob_13

Scoob_13 Anything is possible, but the odds are astronomica

My company is looking for 1-2 new programmers in the Dallas/Ft Worth area or those willing to move.

The responsibilities include being trained in Houston for 1 month (all expenses paid as well as the normal wage), and then working in Dallas.

Travel will be rarely, and only to Houston, and occassionally to the bars for "business meetings" :o

Languages needed: Coldfusion knowledge would be preferred (though not required), with experience in .Net (ASP, C#) required. The point of the position is to convert a Coldfusion-based site over to .Net so that it can be moved in-house from Houston. Familiarity with Paradox and Delphi would be an added plus.

Job specifics: Programmer will be required to live in Houston for approximately 1 month, responsible for writing the code for a new site based on the .Net architecture, responsible for installing and maintaining the new site on the provided server, responsible for working with several departments for updating/bug fixes, responsible for being on call from 7am to 10pm at night for emergency situations should they arise.

Benefits: Great environment, great location (635 & Tollroad area), good pay, full health/dental benefits, retirement funds, good fringe benefits such as catered lunches about every 2 weeks from places such as the Olive Garden, Spring Creek Barbecue, Hooter's, etc., breakfast (donuts, bagels, etc.) every day, flexible hours (always willing to work around school schedules that change), and job stability (we're moving the main application to this web based program, so you can count on being there for a while)

Pay: I have no clue, but expect it to be very decent.

Start date: ASAP.

PM me if you're interested and I'll give you the contact information for the people you'll need to speak to so that we can get the ball rolling.

2. CompiledMonkey

CompiledMonkey New Member

I wish I could move. :sad2:

3. Scoob_13

University of Texas @ Dallas is 20 minutes away, they're the best for CS in Texas, and I believe they're rated #1 in the South Central area.

The company might even help ya move if you're good enough :o

4. CompiledMonkey

CompiledMonkey New Member

I'm not. :o

Plus, there are other reasons I can't move away right now.

5. CyberBullets

CyberBullets I reach to the sky, and call out your name. If I c

well i know ASP and C#. Programmed in Delphi 4.0, 5.0 in HS.

no clues about cold fusion, i honeslty dont even know what it is... :/

but i live in Canada eh, and they say im slow. and getting a green card is hard as hell, even with an Aunt who lives in Ft. Worth, TX.

6. SLED

SLED build an idiot proof device and someone else will

soooooo tempting. I'd probably fit the position perfectly and I really want out of AZ. I just have an excellent job right now and it's going to be hard to leave. ugh... someday

7. Scoob_13

Bump, even though I dunno why :dunno: