Job @ 24hr Fitness as a "personal trainer"

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by dumbaznboy, Dec 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dumbaznboy

dumbaznboy New Member

So it looks like I'll be getting hired as a Personal Trainer at 24hr Fitness.
    (funny thing...I'm not cert. but I have a degree in Exercise Bio)

And I know its a sales driven job....can any of the OT FN guru's give me some pointers on getting ppl to sign up for training packages.

(I want to make posters of myself before and after, HUGE change....but not totally where I should be...but its still a BIG change....but that probably wont work.)

Oh and I applied to Gold's Gym and Cal Fit. (Gold's Req's a cert, so Ill prolly either take the 24 hr job, or if GOld's will work a deal with me - front desk until I get cert, then move to PT, then I might do that.)

Thanks guys.

2. Uglybob69

Uglybob69 I miss beer.

get some before and after pictures on here, and say that it was you who trained them. Make a photo book with them or something.

That should drum you up some buisness haha

3. dmaestro

dmaestro New Member

hrm.

Pretty much explain to them that they will NEVER reach their goals if they don't hire you. And beat them up over their weight.

sounds harsh but it worked for me when I was a trainer. :o:mamoru:

4. evolude

evolude OT Supporter

lean up a bit and use urself as a business card

5. MaineSucks

MaineSucks OT Supporter

6. maxxpower

maxxpower OG Lauren Crew - Observer OT Supporter

best of luck to you.
    Just dont be like the fucktard trainers in our gym and not actually train.
    Nothing pisses me off more than seeing someone waste 50$ an hour training with someone who hasnt been in the gym on their own time in over 2 years.

Our "holistic nutritionist" (lol) at our gym is fucking 30 lbs overweight :)

7. ccrooks

ccrooks New Member

i'll volunteer mine :p

8. illmatix

illmatix Diamond Studded Member OT Supporter

Be in shape. Our 24 hour is packed to the rafters with "trainers" that look like they've lifted weights less than 50 times in their life.

And pay attention to your fucking clients. I saw one guy here training a complete beginner and he was talking on his cellphone! :mad: I wanted to beat that fucker up. (I happen to hate this particular personal trainer)

9. dumbaznboy

dumbaznboy New Member

yea...its not exactly the BEST time for me to really try to sell myself as a trainer (im not jacked and broly...but i HAVE cut down from 225+ to 165ish in ~1.5 to 2 years [i know this is a long time to lose 60+ lbs...but i did it without reading up on it beforehand.])

and evo...you're right...i still need to lean up some more, but i SWEAR i have loose skin hanging around at this point.

10. Neo22

Neo22 OT Supporter

If you are planning on making a career out of it quit now. I worked at 24. Because all you have is a degree, the MOST you will make when training someone is around $14 for an hour. Making a client pay $65-70 per hour and only getting 14 is a waste of money.

11. The Boy Bastard

The Boy Bastard Bewbie's??

Yup, not to mention you will have your FM getting you to push supplements and starter packs and resigns more than the progress of your clients. On top of that if you are not in good with some of the top sales counselors you are going to get dick for referrals or the clients they sign to an intro package with their new membership.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.