JLW6...anyone??

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by rtevans86, Mar 20, 2005.

1. rtevans86

rtevans86 New Member

does anyone have a jl 12w6, i want to get the w7...but i can't justify spending 800+ on a damn speaker. So i want to get the w6 and want to know how it sounds and whatever. if anyone has this is a custom enclosure that would be great...post pics, it will be going into an acura rsx, so any pics would be great. looking for ideas

Ryan

2. bearsdidit

bearsdidit OT Supporter

the other day i installed a jl 1000/1 up 3 w6 10s in a rsx.. it sounded great. you can get someone to glass the wheel well for you.. it hit really hard.

3. flytojungho

flytojungho ...

i got v1 of the w6 15" in my car and it sounds nice. It's not LOUD but if you're going for nice sounding bass, i recommend it. my friend has 12" w7 in his rsx and it's too damn loud.

4. thisgsx

thisgsx New Member

Ive got 2 12w6v2's wired at 1 ohm powered by a Nakamichi PA-8001 in a custom built sealed enclosure made to specs and let me tell you...:bowdown: :bowdown: it hits clean and hard as hell. Just search for Tom Nousain's review on them. He said something like they are the best subs he's ever heard/tested!!! I've also heard people that have own both the w6v2 and dub7 and they say the w6v2 sounds cleaner and better but the dub7 will take it in spl.