JL Stealthbox for Tacoma

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by rude_619, Mar 15, 2005.

1. rude_619

rude_619 New Member

Has any one ever heard a JL Stealthbox in a Toyota Tacoma? I was thinking of purchasing one, but want to make sure it hits hard and sounds nice. I have 6 1/2 Boston Pros up front and 6 1/2 Eclipse in the rear. I wanted to run a 4 channel amp to run by Boston Pros and to push the sub. I was thinking the JL 4/300 or a 4 channel Phoenix Gold amp. Was leaning toward a PG amp, but not sure which one. Help!

2. veonake

veonake OnT poster, OT lurker

Sounds like you are running pretty nice components already, so I would go with JL over Phoenix Gold. Which sub are you running though? Would bridging 2 channels of the 300/4 provide enough power to the sub? I'd buy the 300/4 and power the boston's and the eclipse's and then a monoblock to power the sub.

3. rude_619

rude_619 New Member

TY for the info. I actuallly wanted to run a 4 channel amp to my Bostons and a 10" JL w3 in a stealthbox. I was just gonna run the rears off my eclipse deck. Have you ever heard a JL Stealthbox in a Tacoma? And you would choose the JL over PG. Most people say go w/ the PG. But I am not sure which one.

4. veonake

veonake OnT poster, OT lurker

Pheonix Gold over JL? I'm pretty sure I'm not going crazy when I say that JL is a more highly regarded brand than PG. I have not heard a stealthbox in a Tacoma. I don't know the power recommendations for the 10w3, but the [email protected] the 300/4 would provide (if I remember right) should be enough to push it adequately. So, yes that is fine if you would like to set it up that way. I would fade to the front though (especially if the Eclipse speakers are more efficient) so that the high SQ you will get out of the boston's will not be overpowered by the Eclipse speakers. I only say this because they will be running off the internal amp of your head unit, which even though it is Eclipse and better than most, still won't hold it's own against a dedicated amp. Hope that helps.

5. bearsdidit

bearsdidit OT Supporter

I have a tacoma and have heard the stealth box in one.. They sound good. The w3 need anywhere from 150-250 watts rms so a JL 300.4 or Phoenix gold 100.4 would work great. I've had both and I ended up going with the phoenix gold. The bostons need a ton of power to sound good and you can find the PG for cheaper.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=79824&item=5758536403&rd=1

Check it out, and it will fit underneth your seat quite well.