jl 12w0 or 2 10 Rockford Fosgate HE's??

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by damnmyeye, Jun 5, 2004.

1. damnmyeye

damnmyeye OT Supporter

WHich one will hit harder all would be brand new. Harder and crisper?? A rockford Fosgate 400s will be powering

2. 04

04 Guest

The Rockford fosgate setup would almost certainly be louder, provided all other factors are equal.

3. damnmyeye

damnmyeye OT Supporter

damnit not the answer i wanted cuz the 12 fits better in my convertible sebring ut i already have the 2 10's...oh well at least i know i dont have to do anymo work

4. GlocksRock

GlocksRock Glock > You

Get the two 12's and port them, it will definitely be louder than the 2 10s

5. merlinski

merlinski and I'm his friend, Jesus

Both have about the same efficiency, and same power handling, so there won't be a large difference in sound. I'd say the HE's would be somewhat louder, but not by much.

The 10's will be better for thumping bass, while the 12's will better handle long, drawn out bass sections. What kind of music do you listen to?

6. kgb006

kgb006 New Member

i would get the 2 12 JL audio subs, they will sound clean as hell

7. boostin-gp

boostin-gp Guest

jl = overpriced. :sad2:

8. On_One

On_One Guest

Their subs are at least. The XR components are very good buy for the money IMHO.

9. 04

04 Guest

looking at the posted efficiency and using it and the rated power handling to determine max power output is a bad idea.

The 2 12" speakers would be louder. Why? Because they displace more air. Due to their increased radiating area, they will also most likely be more efficient in the BASS region, and if they are not, they will at least have a frequency response that extends lower. So even then they are still more efficient - as far as bass is concerned. Now, if the 10" woofers being compared in question had more linear excursion than the 12" woofers, then they could possibly have the potential to be louder, but they wouldnt be more efficient in the bass region.

And the 12" woofer is better than the 10" woofer in every possible way except for the size requirement. The 12" woofer can have as tight bass as the 10".

10. merlinski

merlinski and I'm his friend, Jesus

I'm not basing the judgement off the size, but what I've read of the woofers. I don't know much about the HE, but the HE2 10" is supposed to get amazing bass and have power similar to most 12"s.

11. 04

04 Guest

Subjective reviews do not lead for accurate comparisons. Were the setups exactly the same? If not, other factors could explain for the amazing bass difference. You compared efficiency and power handling, that is NOT a subjective comparison. That is simply misinterpreting data, sorry. Using a speaker's efficiency or sensitivity rating to compare it to other woofers is a poor idea. In fact, typically the woofers with LOWER efficiency have better bass performance.

What do you qualify as being "most" woofers? Going soley by linear excursion alone, the 2003 model HE's are about average compared to other woofers in it's price range.

Im certainly not trying to bash Rockford, I'm just pointing out that you are assuming they are better based on subjective reviews that dont mean too much, as well as incorrectly interpreting loudspeaker data.

12. 04

04 Guest