COMIC Jin Roh

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Dropping__Chronic, Jan 21, 2003.

1. Sucked.

What a waste of $40 for it based on word of mouth, that thing was slow as molasses, and the cheap fairy tale being read through it for half the movie made me want to end myself. However the action was good when it came for all 10 minutes of it in the movie.

This thing had potential, but lack of more action killed it for me.

At least it's pretty to look at when collecting dust on my shelf.

2. Jay

Jay My shit don't stink

:ugh: Jin-roh was really good. sure there's not much action but the plot, characters, and emotions make up for that.

3. jinushaun

jinushaun New Member

Too serious for me. I didn't appreciate it.

4. I could appreciate that side of it, however the aforementioned fairy tale being talked through 90% of the movie killed it for me I guess.

Also I thought there would be more action, I mean come on... It's called WOLF BRIGADE... and there is a big guy with glowing red eyes on the cover holding a gun as big as his torso.

I like the serious plots, but this one didn't float that or the action, that's all.

5. gen5

gen5 Guest

overall i like it but it's not something i'd watch over and over.

6. Cicada

Cicada Guest

im gonna psot pics of jin-roh costumes.

awesome.

7. Scream_Phoenix

Scream_Phoenix Handsome Boy Model

wanna sell the dvd?

8. poisonfist

poisonfist Guest

Jin Roh was awesome, the fairy tale is a very popular one with such a sad ending that is very popular in Japan, everyone knows this story. The director obviously made this for the Japanese audience presuming that they know this fairy tale. I haven't watched this movie in the english dubbed version either so I can't speak for most of you but I must say that the Japanese voice actors did a very good job.

9. I'm going to give it another shot. I think when I sat down to watch it I was geared for Ninja Scroll, had a buddy over and stuff. Along with the beer we consumed, we were screaming for blood and mayhem, and got the fairy tale instead.

I'll report back once I try it again.

10. Mhoocow

Mhoocow New Member

i loved the reference to WWII weapons and armor

11. mitsubi

mitsubi OT Supporter

I thought it was a really good story. Not to mention the soundtrack is amazing!