Jetta? Yay or Nay?

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by thahamer, Nov 9, 2005.

1. thahamer

thahamer New Member

I was looking into buying a jetta. It seems it would run me 4 grand or so for a 95 or 96 with like 80,000 miles

People are tellking me that repairs will be expensive and parts will be hard to find. Anyone else have any experience with it? Thankss

2. bluesphx

bluesphx Member

VWs own. All the repairs you can do yourself, and parts are easy to get, if a little on the expensive side. 80k miles is pretty low for a 10 year old car. I'd say go for it.

3. tropic of carnage

tropic of carnage New Member

NAY

jettas arn't anything but trouble.
    i wouldnt touch one with a ten foot pole.

4. dolphinmagic

dolphinmagic New Member

YAY

I loved my Jetta. I don't know why the parts would be hard to find .. are car repairs ever cheap?

BTW - Mine was an 88 with over 200k miles and ran great. I miss it :( I sold it to move from OH to TX. I had two cars and kept the newest. I had to put money into once in a while but honestly, I kept up with oil changes and that's it.

Get it. :)

5. capcrnch

capcrnch Active Member

You're an idiot. Please die a horrible death, full of razor blades, alcohol and your moms pubes.

I love my mk3 Jetta.
    Parts are readily available, but in 2 1/2 years, the only thing ive done (maint. related, not counting modifications) has been a battery and an o2 sensor.
    [​IMG]

6. Ivy Mike

Ivy Mike New Member

DO IT!!!

I love my Mk3 (GTI, but its the same platform) and am actually going to be a little sad to see it go.

Repairs (having a mechanic do it) is not much if any more expensive than any other car. Parts are easy to find.

www.parts4vws.com
    www.germanautoparts.com

They are reliable cars (certainly better than comparable American cars) and are fun to drive and own.