SRS Jesus fucking christ what is my problem with girls?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by schmitty101, Sep 23, 2009.

1. schmitty101

schmitty101 You might remember me from such films as "Dig your

Why the fuck do I have such a hard time getting a date? I'm finally pretty good at talking to women, but i'm like lazy or something. For example, I will only talk to a girl from class if she is right next to me. If she is out of the way, I will NOT go over there to talk. I can talk, but I just can never fucking work up the courage to ask for a date or for a phone number. What the fuck is my problem? I'm 21 years old now and i'm just beginning to feel nervous thinking that i'm gonna be alone forever.

I'm constantly worrying about what the girl will think of me. I make up 100 excuse not to get into a relationship. I say things to myself like:

-My car has too many problems
    -I don't have any of my own friends
    -I'm broke
    -I don't know where to go for a date and I don't know if it will be fun
    -I have too many problems in my life right now, I need to fix them first

Are these genuine problems that I need to address first? Or how can I stop psyching myself out?

2. woot

woot wo

You think too much. Stop overanalyzing and just act. Don't think, act.

3. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

You answered your own question

4. Abomb

Abomb New Member

you are in fucking college... just lie about everything, worked for half of my mates :dunno:

5. vodkacollins

vodkacollins New Member

work on getting friends, making money and getting some confidence in yourself. until then, just stay away from girls

6. Pepe

Pepe New Member

this

7. Ameter

Ameter Active Member

There's your problem right there.

8. PureEnergy

PureEnergy New Member

I always see girls with dudes with no money. I used to know this girl that the guy lives off of and he was abusive. He had no money, no car, no nothing and he was living with her and he did not contribute to any expense. On top of that she buys him everything. At the time when I was making decent money girls would still turn me down no matter what. I still cannot comprehend.

9. Ameter

Ameter Active Member

because you have no fucking game, spine or confidence

10. trek65

trek65 New Member

Im in the same boat, except I cant talk to women.. I used to be able to but now I just use my own personality.. I used to be great in high school and about a year after that but since then I seldom have girlfriends, but I dont really care about having a girlfriend oddly.. not gay or anything, still attracted to women, just dont care to make the effort I guess

11. Diesel66

Diesel66 My standards for women is like rent-a-centers stan OT Supporter

it's college, who needs money ? find a party or just make out in your room

12. Rellik

Rellik New Member

its mostly based on how good looking you are/aren't

13. Ameter

Ameter Active Member

:rofl: no its not

have you seen some of these guys who are ugly as sin with decent looking chicks?

14. jonno

jonno New Member

do looks play a factor? yeah.

are they everything? hell no.

girls attraction is bases much less off of looks than a males.

15. Captain Amazing

Captain Amazing OT Supporter

qft

A lot of pretty girls could care less about looks.

16. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

17. Rellik

Rellik New Member

really? cause from my experience girls turn into drooling retards when in close proximity to a good looking guy, making their attraction quite obvious from the opposite side of a room. also from my experience its usually the ugly guys sitting alone or bummed out while the good looking dudes are having a blast. also i saw a video study where women observing potential dates from behind one-way glass selected for looks (specifically height) over any other attribute, including personality or being a multi-millionaire.

18. Ameter

Ameter Active Member

Really? When personality is taken out of the equation, women will select based on other characteristics? You don't say?

19. Rellik

Rellik New Member

Well when the researchers tell the subject women that short guy X is an entrepreneur success story, does kayaking blah blah, donates to charities, blah blah... it is meant to convey some general personality: that he's smart, motivated, adventurous, generous, etc... but it doesn't seem to matter. the women consistently chose the taller male.

20. Ameter

Ameter Active Member

In no way does it convey his personality, and personality is the number one consideration of all people.

21. IslanderOffRoad

IslanderOffRoad Do you even lift kit? OT Supporter

you're hanging out with the wrong girls.

22. Rellik

Rellik New Member

wrong girls? ive been around NA and europe, and its the same. id venture that it would be the same even in a small village in China, economic pressures aside.

you know i go out with my friend sometimes (although its dropped off recently), he's taller and better looking than me, and you know what he says to girls in a venue sometimes as an "opener"? .. "Where's the bathroom?". And they check him out and then its all smiles and their faces light up - any social retard could tell from across the room that she's 'game'.

I could go up to the same girl and say anything, literally anything you could think of, and the reaction would be dismissive, a vibe ranging from "thanks but no thanks" to "please crawl into some dark corner and die".

Why? Because it doesn't matter what you say, or even how you say it. What matters is who says it. There's that .5 second window where people do a "once over" - you do it, I do it, everyone does it. First the eyes jump to evaluate the persons face, then the rest of their body. If they like what they see, it's game on, if not, fuck off.

That's why when girls turn to respond to my freinds inane question, and see him, they smile. And when they turn to respond to me, they give a cold shoulder or mention some imaginary boyfriend. Half a second.

23. Ameter

Ameter Active Member

We've been over this in your other threads. The reason why is you stink of desperation, fear and lack of confidence.

24. Rellik

Rellik New Member

really? Did you read what I said? I just said I had it nailed down to the "once over", the split second when they look me over, look at my face, and make their opinion right there - in my case its to turn me down, in the case of good looking guys, its to immediately smile and start playing with their hair. And I've seen it over, and over, and over again, because I've been at it for a while (not just sitting on OT if we look at our post counts).

But I guess you prefer your own notion of it being about this ethereal smell or 6th sense that can detect "desperation, fear, and lack of confidence"(although if a guy that looked like a model had any of these characteristics, it would be considered sweet)

25. Ameter

Ameter Active Member

Yeah, I read you. And what I'm saying is your physical appearance is only a small portion of that calculation.

Not to mention that basing your notions off of club interactions - which are where people go to get laid in a one-night-stand - is pretty ridiculous in the first place