MIL Jesus fuck everyone on AFFORUMS is a fucking cocksmoking asshole

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by FSTMX5, Feb 11, 2008.

1. FSTMX5

FSTMX5 New Member

srrsly what the motherfuck is up with people on there :ugh:

2. NisAznMonk

NisAznMonk New Member

Got your feelings hurt? :rofl::rofl:

Alot of them are just people who hide behind a computer and act like tough guys. There are plenty of them who do have lots of great experience, but that doesn't excuse them for acting like jerks.

Either way its just a forum. What did you ask them? :)

3. NisAznMonk

NisAznMonk New Member

This your thread?

http://afforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10885&highlight=linguist

The only one that acted like an asshole was Frank F Dizzo. The rest seemed pretty helpful. Its too bad that you and your wife can't get stationed together, but you already knew you'd be apart for at least a year according to what you posted. There isn't much you can do at this point other than maintain your relationship long distance. Just because the USAF can reassign either you or her doesn't mean it will. I'm sure there are plenty of couples out there that would want to be with their loved ones, but the can't and they deal with it.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2008
  4. NisAznMonk

NisAznMonk New Member

5. brackac

brackac Fuck all of this. OT Supporter

What is AFFORUM?

6. Request.

Request. OT Supporter

I can't think of a witty enough retort.

7. SweetDaddyO

SweetDaddyO we need a montage!!

I know your situation sucks right now, but remember, you signed up to SERVE. that incurs SACRIFICE. not to beat a man when he's down, but your personal life (and your wife's) is an afterthought to the Air Force compared to the needs of the service (and much less of an afterthought in the USAF than in other branches, mind you).

i don't want to sound too harsh here - i definitely feel you on this - a buddy of mine is in a very similar situation (married, forced out of his career field, lots of lip-service to the "you'll get joint-spouse, don't worry" etc, and he's now being told it will be a minimum of a year before he and his spouse are stationed together). i've also seen the Air Force make some stunningly bad decisions that aren't necessarily in the good of the service, so i realize that the "shut up and color" answer doesn't fit every situation.

i would recommend that you just take a step back and analyze your situation before reacting based on emotion. there is always a solution to the problem, you just can't see it yet. long distance relationships CAN work, they just require more work than normal, steadfast resolve on the part of both individuals, and a concrete, realistic GOAL to move toward. talk this over with your wife and your leadership, do everything you can to try and fix the situation in the immediate term, but plan as though it will be several years before you're together - i know that last part sucks donkey balls, but it is doable if you both really want it to work.

8. jbuffethed

jbuffethed Member

Its the Air Force Enlisted Forums. I am a mod over there. Been a member since almost the beginning. There are a lot of pricks on there now, Frank and Brock, who have been there a while and now Sean. Those 3 right there turned me away from going back there.

Gary the web admin is a really good guy and a Radio troop like me. I repsect all the hard work he has put into that site, but damn there are a bunch of tards on there now.

9. NisAznMonk

NisAznMonk New Member

You are a mod? Whats your screen name?

10. jbuffethed

jbuffethed Member

Does it really matter? Are you a member?

11. NisAznMonk

NisAznMonk New Member

Nope just asking out of curiosity. I like to read old posts when I'm bored at work. :)

12. mrduke

mrduke OT Supporter

Are those people really E-8/9's or just internet nerds talking shit?

13. jbuffethed

jbuffethed Member

The admin is an E-8. My superintendent is an E-9, but rarely goes on there. There are a few officers, lots of NCOs and a shitload of deppers.

14. mrduke

mrduke OT Supporter

I asked because those guys sounded like OT high schoolers with some of their replies, not upper level enlisted as they should, if their rank there corresponds with their real life rank.

15. jbuffethed

jbuffethed Member

On there I am a Chief. Real life Im a Staff