GUN Jesse Jackson arrested at IL gun shop protest

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by t1h, Jun 24, 2007.

1. t1h

t1h Guest

:mamoru:

http://www.myfoxdc.com/myfox/pages/...=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.11.1

Rev. Jesse Jackson Arrested at Gun Shop Protest
    Last Edited: Sunday, 24 Jun 2007, 7:43 AM EDT

06/24/2007 --

The Rev. Jesse Jackson was arrested Saturday at a demonstration outside a south suburban gun shop and charged with one count of criminal trespass to property.

Jackson was arrested when he refused to move away from the entrance to Chuck's Gun Shop in Riverdale, police said. He has protested with other community activists outside the shop in recent weeks after a 16-year-old honor student was gunned down on a city bus.

Police said the shooting was gang-related but the teen was not the intended target.

Jackson, who says the gun shop's proximity to Chicago provides gang members and criminals easy access to firearms, has used the protests to call for stricter gun laws.

The Rev. Michael Pfleger, a Catholic priest who oversees a South Side congregation, also was arrested and charged with Jackson.

A message seeking comment from the gun shop was not immediately returned Saturday afternoon.

Two teens have been charged as adults with taking part in the May shooting of Blair Holt, an honor student at Julian High School.

yeah, because gangsters kill each other with legally purchased guns :hsugh: shouldn't he get back to raising his illegitimate kid?

2. Dumbstixlars

Dumbstixlars Ron Paul/AR-15/Glock/old car/Scooby/R/C croo OT Supporter

What a douche.

3. Aequitas

Aequitas If it keeps on raining, levee's going to break.

Because the problem can't possibly be the gangs that are targeting the wrong people.

4. JaimeZX

JaimeZX Formerly of :Sep 2001: fame - Also: Sprout Crew OT Supporter

Because then you'd be profiling. :uh:

5. Bobula

Bobula Fairly Useless

I wonder if he'll get out of jail for a skin rash too

6. vettefan52

vettefan52 Guest

i have a rash right now, maybe i should commit a crime so i can get house arrest...:noes: