Jeep Crew v. Part Time 4WD help

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Black03, Dec 17, 2005.

1. Black03

Black03 New Member

Was hoping you guys could help me out a bit. My girlfriend has a 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo. With the snow and ice the other day she put it in Part time 4WD. Later when she was in the clear she switched it back to 2WD yet the part time light on the dash is remaining lit. Tried to switch it to Part time again then back to 2WD and yet the light is remaining on. I'm new to Jeeps and don't know much about them and was hoping you guys could help. Thanks in advance.

2. crazynova

crazynova OT Supporter

On mine, it will usually stay on until i come to just about a complete stop. more help can be found at www.jeepforum.com

3. Black03

Black03 New Member

Thanks i'll check that out

4. Black03

Black03 New Member

Actually.... last night we were going out and it felt like it was still in 4wd.... so we decided to come back home and take my car instead. We turned into a cul-de-sac and when turning around I heard a noise that sounded like a pop.... and the part-time light went off. Since then its sounded and run fine and can def. tell that it is in 2wd.

Could there be something else wrong?

5. WannaZO6

WannaZO6 There are 10 types of people in the world, the one

you probably havent used the 4wd drive in a while and the transfer case got stuck. it needs to be used every once in a while to keep it lubricated.