JEEP CREW!!! Thinking about getting a '99-'01 GC Limited V8 w/65k+ miles......

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by trickdaddie, Jan 16, 2005.

1. trickdaddie

trickdaddie Official Transmogrification Technician

Anything I should be aware of? Any major problems with them? I think I'm going to sell my S4 and get something that won't rape me in repair/maintainence costs in the next two years. As much as I love the car, I don't think I can afford to keep it and live how I want to live.:wtc:

2. NUFAN

NUFAN Guest

Make sure that most of the TSB's have been done on them there are many good sites out there to read like www.WJJEEPS.com and www.Jeepsunlimited.com I have a 99 and the one thing I can say is that I have problems with rotors warping, but not all of the Grands have it, it was kind of luck of the draw, but there is a fix for it.

3. Pussysmith

Pussysmith Banned

I have a 2000 limited. Once the rotors warped I just threw on some Stillen rotors on the front and Brembos on the back and I have been golden. However, keep the S4 gas mileage is probably much better.

4. BumpnFD

BumpnFD Why don’t you do a triple fucking axel over to the

i ahve a 99 GC limited 4.7. it has 140k on the clock and still starts PREFECTLY in 0 degree weather every day. Still runs 16 flat at the track. Here is EVERY problem i have had with it.

Starter - $250 Installed.

Tiny hole in timing cover. - $600 including new water pump. ( Only cause i couldnt do the work myself cause i was on a trip in NC)

Blown Radiator - $200 bucks but i did the labor myself. When this happend, the truck overheated BAD. It burnt off all the oil and ran and drove 2 mins with no oil at all. Sounded AWEFUL, started right back up with new oil/filter/radiator, runs PERFECT.

PCM Reporgram - Done for free at Dealer.

Rear End Bearing - Made noise, Changed it, $50 bucks with new gasket/oil.

thats it. no other problems at all. Another thing is that my dad drive this truck like 1k miles with almost NO oil and sometimes went over 20k with no oil chance. Like i said truck runs beautifully to this day and everyday and runs consistent 16flat.