Jeep Crew - steering questions

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by spoon-ex, Nov 29, 2007.

1. spoon-ex

spoon-ex Active Member

ok so i just replaced my CV axles and hub and bearings and while i was under there taking care of that noticed the tie rod ends were getting some play in them so need to take care of that

looking to upgrade since i gotta replace parts......looking at KOR set up with HD tie rod and drag link with jamb nuts and getting either mopar or moog tre's

thoughts?

2. affende

affende Resident 4X4 Elitest Prick

Currie and dont look back ... or just build your own?

3. spoon-ex

spoon-ex Active Member

i priced out making my own and the time it would take and just decided to get the KOR heavy duty tie rod and drag link with jamb nuts and gonna pick up some mopar tre's and get it fixed

just don't have time to fiddle around since its my daily driver and i don't have alot of time off to work on it

4. affende

affende Resident 4X4 Elitest Prick

link?

why mopar TREs? at least be smart and upgrade to a 1 ton end ... all that force is trying to shear your TREs .... beef them up mang. shearing a TRE is no fun ... at the very least carry two spares ..

5. spoon-ex

spoon-ex Active Member

www.kevinsoffroad.com

they are 1 ton mopar units.......went with those cuz they have the exact same part number and stampings as the Moogs......mopars were cheaper and i could get my hands on them right away

6. jonnywong

jonnywong New Member

I just replaced my factory tie rod over the weekend with a rustys heavy duty tie rod. cost me $110 shipped to my door but they were on sale, not sure if they are anymore.

7. spoon-ex

spoon-ex Active Member

thanks......yea i went with kevins as ive dealt with him in the past and ive had good luck, plus i needed the drag link and stuff and he had a kit minus the tie rod ends which i picked up some 1 ton units locally for 40 dollars.....with shipping and all got everything for ~200 dollars

prolly gonna install this weekend if i get some time.....i don't do alot of wheeling but i can get upgraded parts for cheaper then stock so figured id replace it all with something better