Jeep Crew - I need your assistance

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by danish elk, Mar 19, 2007.

1. danish elk

danish elk Guest

cliffs: http://forums.offtopic.com/showpost.php?p=73855956&postcount=2

As usual when I work on anything, my ability to do anything easily or correctly is at nil right now.

I have a '94 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The right headlamp bulb burnt out.

Thinking logically, I went to the store and bought a replacement. Upon opening my hood, I found that the battery is DIRECTLY in front of the area that I would need to get into to replace it. So spending about 45 minutes removing all of the bolts and hinges that have rusted together that secure tha battery in place, I finally had access.

Once there, I removed the power plug bit that goes into the bulb ... and then I wanted to remove the bulb. It seemed easy enough. There's a circular bracket that keeps the bulb in place, and you should be able to just turn the bulb clockwise and out it goes.

But my bulb didn't do that. In fact, in turning it by hand, the outer plastic casing broke apart in my hand before it went any further.

Now I assumed I must have been doing something wrong, but alas I can't see that happening. For whatever reason the bulb on the left side is secured in NOT AT ALL and doesn't even have the same bracket, so I assume that I must have made this mistake a few years ago and then given up entirely.

How do I fix this? I can't get the bulb out. I want to get it out. I want my right headlamp to work, and as of right now I can't drive because half the bolts in the Jeep aren't screwed in because of this damn bulb.

:hs: HELPPP

2. danish elk

danish elk Guest

holy shit this is long

CLIFFS: right headlamp bulb on Jeep won't come out and i don't know what to do :(

3. danish elk

danish elk Guest

If I wanted to remove the cover of the headlamp thing itself, the clear plastic thing that the light shines through, like how would I do that? :o Do you know?

I feel like if I had access to the front I could at least punch the bulb from the front, or something.

4. limsoup

limsoup OT Supporter

hahahah try the punching
    btw i has a vista, cya

5. Asher

Asher With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, i

Pull it out.

6. danish elk

danish elk Guest

Just yank at it? :o

7. Asher

Asher With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, i

There should be a long bolt going thru the top of the headlight assembly that adjusts the light up and down. Remove this bolt then pull the head lamp assembly out. ( at least that's how my last couple of GC worked.)