MMA jean jacques machado

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by kronik85, May 19, 2006.

1. kronik85

kronik85 New Member

i'm not a huge mma, bjj, anything fan. i'm interested as many guys are in just plain fighting.

i was watching tv the other night and they had a episode on athlete training. turns out it was with jean jacque. so i watched and noticed during his daily training he does heavy weight training (mostly isolation exercises which i was kinda surprised about), and then does cardio, and plyometrics and such.

his trainers rationalization was fatiguing the body before during the cardio and plyo to make it work harder.

i sprint in college and my whole life, inside and outside of sprint training, has taught me to do the cardio/plyo before weight training for injury prevention purposes.

is it common to see this in bjj/mma/martial arts in general training? i was just fairly surprised at the lack of explosive compound exercises vs. isolation machine work as well as the flip between weight training and plyometrics timing.

2. chechen

chechen Brazilian Jiu Jitsu OT Supporter

wow.. i really dont know.. thats not the question i was expecting. I was expecting "durrrrrrr, why is he missing fingers on one of his hands"

3. DOHChi

DOHChi New Member

holy shit, im drunk as fuck, and i was expecting something like that too. god, i need to stop drijnking on weeldays.;/

4. kronik85

kronik85 New Member

hehe, of course it was brought up during the show. but my school has a few paralympians and one i know personally so i know that the handicapped are often advantageous due to underestimation by their competition.

just curious about the training in general :)