LGBT Jealousy

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by NOVAJock, Jul 21, 2008.

1. NOVAJock

NOVAJock Modded & Underrated

Jealousy between fags and in the homo community is something I will never understand.

I saw a lot of it this weekend and it's really kind of gross. Just because you're in a relationship with someone doesn't mean that all of a sudden, they are the only person that can and should outshine all other beautiful or handsome or hot looking people.

Regardless of whether or not you're in a relationship with someone, you should be able to admire a hot looking guy or girl as long as you don't become overly flirtatious or take it to the physical level.

And for those of you that point fingers of jealousy at your mates when they happen to notice a hot looking person, don't deny the fact that YOU do the same thing - when they're not looking - you just don't have the balls to do it in front of them. :rolleyes: And before you do point those fingers of jealousy, maybe you should take a cold, hard look at yourself and try to figure out why you have such deep-seated insecurities about YOU and your relationship. If you're that insecure about your own relationship, then you really have no business being in it. Get out of it and save everyone a hell of a lot of drama and wasted time.

My own personal saying: "I may be in a relationship, but I'm not dead."

Soapbox off...

2. Sam Gamgee

Sam Gamgee Every tool is a weapon if you hold it right. OT Supporter

Might be a sign that one of the people (the jealous one) isn't as self-confident as he should be with himself or in the relationship???

not sure...

I hope it works out for you, though

:hugs:

3. NOVAJock

Actually it's not me or my relationship. My post is based off observations from this past weekend and some posts in this forum.

4. RougeOgre

RougeOgre FS Librarian and MOD

This is how we are too. All I ask is that he is respectiful in his admiration of other women (and point out the REALLY hot ones to me too :mamoru:) and I will do the same.

5. Sam Gamgee

Sam Gamgee Every tool is a weapon if you hold it right. OT Supporter

I see... well, I'm glad it's not you or your relationship...

6. zortnac

zortnac New Member

Still, I think it's a type of jealousy that's understandable, at least to the point where I can empathize.

7. novo

novo Pokey Man OT Supporter

i don't understand how this jealousy is different for gays?

straight people have the same problem, so why attribute this to "fags and in the homo community"?

my bf and i are like high school girls when we go out. all we do is point out who we think is hot. I saw this SUPER cute guy on saturday but was too shy to say anything to him, so my bf (against my will) just went up and told him that I have a thing for him. so the guy came over and to say hi. turned out he was a biological scientist from london :eek3:. i couldn't stop talking about him the whole night. my bf thought the whole thing was cute. :dunno:

8. NOVAJock

Sorry for not being more politically correct and including heterosexuals in my post. This forum is more of a GBLT forum than a straight forum and since the majority of us posting in here are Gay, I posted what I felt was appropriate.

I'll go back into hiding now.... :rolleyes:

9. Josey

Josey New Member

I don't understand jealousy period. I was mad jealous when I was younger (16-17) but once I screwed my head on straight I realized Jealousy was plain stupid. 1st, you're only jealous if you can't trust yourself...you take and project your unfaithfullness onto your partner because you know they shouldn't trust you...so you can't trust them. Once you learn to trust yourself and are honest about it, then you realize that even if your partner gets hit on or offered by someone else they would probably turn it down.

2nd...what's the use in being jealous, your partner is going to do what they want anyways...no use in fighting it. I mean don't become totally emotionless, everyone likes to feel like they're wanted...but truthfully if they want to be with you they will, if they don't then don't let the door hit ya.

My exwife was bi, I am too but never explored that until after our divorce...but I can remember her calling me up while I was out of town and asking if her girlfriend could come over...spend the night...I always said yes, I'd rather her be honest than sneak around. Trust me...that level of trust and honesty went a long ways...and I always got thanked for it...most of her GF's were bi themselves...and I can't tell you how many mornings I'd wake up with 2 women in my bed.

10. novo

oh, i wasn't offended or anything. i just thought you were addressing "gay jealousy" as if it were something different than jealousy in general. I was just confused. :hug:

11. novo

word. i'm a firm believer in "if you love someone, let them go..."

12. Josey

Josey New Member

:werd:

13. blaq19

blaq19 New Member

Yeah, I just did that a little while back and life is so much better.

14. elevator

elevator The tenants think it's wonderful! ヽ(´ OT Supporter

I get jealous of my hot str8 friend's girlfriends :o

I fight you bitch

15. Josey

Josey New Member

wat??

16. BlondieAMC

BlondieAMC New Member

I love the fact that my gf and i flirt with and look at other people. I think it helps in any long term relationship. it's fun and doesn't hurt anyone. i always know who i'm going home with or too at the end of the night. if anything i have found it makes a relationship stronger when you can find other people attactive and then go home at the end of the night.

sorry if i rambled..it makes sense in my head.

17. elevator

elevator The tenants think it's wonderful! ヽ(´ OT Supporter

wat?? don't you understand

18. Priest Tango

Priest Tango Custom User Tits

truth be spoken.......ill quietly exit this thread :o

19. camarosrool

camarosrool yes i am

lol I hate to sound like im just agreeing with you because you posted this...
    but the bf and I enjoy checking out cute guys
    we have a (quite obvious) code
    if there is a cute guy walking towards us we just say a number 1-10 hahaha
    7 is dateable
    8 is hot
    9 is gorgeous
    10 has only been given to one guy so far

we actually decided its not a good idea for us to get a hot waiter during dinner because all conversation is about how hot he is and what we would do to him :o

we have a list of the hot waiters too LOL

Jason from gratze in ann arbor
    David from st clair inn in st clair
    Conrad from some restaurant in ohio
    Phil from the melting pot in Troy
    etc etc

LOL

I think we enjoy the fact that we have very similar taste and can discuss the same genders hotness together

20. Josey

Josey New Member

I have no clue what you meant

21. geniks

geniks king of the hill

Been there done that, and kept going back to it for a reason i can't explain. He lied to me all the time but i pretended to believe him, while he accused me of lying all the damn time.. interrogated me non-stop. He also brought up how "if he didn't have me he would kill himself " Frequently which worried me bad, because I would never want his suicide to be because of me. He also didn't allow me to be with any friends, even girls. Any one of my friend he would tell me i couldn't hang out with. I'm sure it was because he was jealous and I was... whipped.

It got to the point where every day of my life was being ruined by this guy I didn't even like but I was too scared and didn't have the balls to do anything about it. I eventually got in an argument over the phone with him (every day occurrence) and broke up with him. Later that night I went to a party hoping to get wasted cause I had a lot on my mind, well i met somebody I really love :). I actually got so drunk I had alcohol poisoning and this guy helped me, dropped me off at home and even tucked me into bed. We've been dating for 5 months now and I'm happier than ever.

as for my ex:
    He still calls me to this day, practically a stalker. I changed my number and he would call my brother's phone to find out my new number.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2008
  22. Priest Tango

Priest Tango Custom User Tits

yea jealous people do suck. its gets in their way of being able to just have fun. theyre always worried about something and talk mad shit about it. :ugh:

23. vlsi0n

vlsi0n New Member

:dunno: My friend and his boyfriend point out hot guys together.

It's ideal.

24. Josey

Josey New Member

My Ex-Wife would point out the hot girls before I would even notice them half the time...she'd be like...dayum she's got nice tits...or could you imagine those legs wrapped around your head...

WHY DID JENNIFER HAVE TO TURN INTO A FUCKING CUNT....damn we had so much fun together....

25. Josey

Josey New Member

PS.... Fuck my sub is up...I need to fix that shit.