Jealous of the Best Friend

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by anonymous, Jul 19, 2005.

1. anonymous

anonymous New Member

Is it safe to tell your SO that you're jealous of the best friend? It's not like I don't want them to stop hanging out together, but I feel like he has no time for me anymore. I miss him and I just feel left out.

2. BTA

BTA New Member

Probably not safe to do so no.

Maybe mention wanting to spend more time together, but if you come on too strong about the best friend, he'll probably get pissed off and it'd just make things worse.

3. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

how long have you been together? how close are you? why do you feel this way?

There is no blanket yes or no here...there needs to be alot more info given. However if you dont want to give more info, then I would say go ahead and tell him exactly how you feel (you should always do this). If he reacts poorly or immature, get rid of his ass. Just remember that if he doesnt have to agree with you, or even change...its more of his reaction you are looking for.

If you have a valid reason for wanting to spend more time with him, then he should see it your way and do so. My friends knew they would be giving up time with me when me and my SO got serious, thats how relationships work...

4. BTA

BTA New Member

My only point to go along with what you said RvB is that yes you should tell him there's a problem, but it might not be best to be like outright "omg you should stop hanging out with your best friend and only hang out with me!#@@!". There's better ways to go about it.

I'd just leave the friend completely out of it and just tell him you want to spend more alone time with him. Then go from there depending on how he responds to that.

5. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

Yea, you need to be careful of your wording...remember you MIGHT be more important to him, but his friends have been there longer. Just be cool about it...

6. wilyfem

wilyfem Guest

if you aren't your S/O's #1 priority then you ought to think about moving on without him :hs:

7. themacstallion

themacstallion The electric sheep are dreaming up your fate

:werd:

8. BTA

BTA New Member

Heh

He might not even realize he isnt spending enough time with her.

Or she might even be a wackjob and expect 24/7 attention. Who knows.

All I know is dont take advice from someone like zephyr

9. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

depends on how long the relationship is, and how old the parties involved are...If you are 15 and dating for a month...your SO should be nowhere close to your number 1 priority...
    If you are 22 and dating for 2 years, well yea, then SO should be up there as numero uno.

10. kai-li

kai-li New Member

Theres not enough info :( If you have been together for a long time then you shouldn't really care unless you never ever see your SO. But if you expect him to be by your side 24/7 then thats wrong too.

I have a guy that always wants to be by my side. Which is great but I don't want him to miss his mates-- so I remind him to give them a call and see if they want to hang etc... He thinks its kinda weird but I think its best in the long run.

11. KoRnStaR

KoRnStaR New Member

I'm sorry...but what the hell does SO stand for?

I'm guessing significant other?

12. selfpollution

selfpollution New Member

"Sloppy Orifice", i think

13. StickBoy

StickBoy New Member

haha, I was the best friend of a girl and her boyfriend was getting ridiculously jealous.... it was getting to the point of him accusing us of starting to mess around.. she flat out told him, "If I wanted to fuck _____, I would have done it a long time ago"

then again, we did make out at grad.. :cool:

14. incubimmer

incubimmer New Member

this has nothing 2 do w/ the topic but whos the albino guy in yer av?