MMA jaw crush injury?

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by kronik85, Jan 4, 2008.

1. kronik85

kronik85 New Member

yaya, i'll preface this by saying i'm going to the docs soon (considering i was just there 12 hours ago for an annual checkup).

anyways, rolling no-gi tonight a big guy back mounted me and decided instead of rnc'n me, or really making any attempt at all, he would jerk as hard as he could and crush my jaw (not a slowly applied pressure, just a jerk) and the left side of my jaw felt like it crunched up and into my ear. it doesn't cause me any pain, normally, and doesn't seem to have affected my hearing. however when i open my jaw a bit and move my jaw backwards... it feels like a small bone is rubbing against my ear canal and if i moved it back harder, it would pop through. anyone know exactly what that feeling is?

[​IMG]

:eek3: just looked that up on google, that little bone (ear canal bone?) inbetween the back of the jaw and the ear canal could be exactly what is broken :eek3:

Last edited: Jan 4, 2008
  2. $lacker

$lacker FD/Dental/Canadian/Cage Crews OT Supporter

Stick your baby finger in your ear and slowly open and close your mouth... how does that feel?
    It's unlikely you broke a bone... more likely you damaged the neurovascular bundle back there. Take ibuprofen at the max dose every 6 hours until you get in to see the doc

3. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

sorry to hear that man. i cant stand people who cant go a normal %

4. Civil Disobedient

Civil Disobedient "Die Biting The Throat" OT Supporter

:werd: theres really no place for that bullshit.

hope it isn't too serious

5. kronik85

kronik85 New Member

feels fine, completely normal actually. fuckin doctor isn't in until monday :hs: it really doesn't hurt, no swelling, just feels really weird when i make that "thing" (bone, cartiledge, whatever) graze against my ear canal.