WEB Javascript Help plz

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by brds, Jan 25, 2010.

1. brds

brds OT Supporter

I've got a page that uses javascript to show the users a horizontal slider to select a number 1 through 5. Beside the slider is a text box that shows them their actual number selection to one tenth of a number. Beside the actual numerical number, I would like to have the script automatically fill in another text box with what percent of the final weighted score came from each specific question... for example, if i have 10 questions total, each one would be 10% (duh). So, if on question 1, i slide the user up the scale 1/2 way, a 2.5 should show up in the numerical box and a 5% would show up in the percentage box.

My question is this, is there a simple javascript command to figure out what value is in a textbox in a form (based off ID), manipulate it, and spit it back out to another text box (by ID)?

2. SLED

SLED build an idiot proof device and someone else will

what slider are you using? since there is no html standard markup for such a control, the ability to get the value of the slider is going to depend on how it's implemented.

3. brds

brds OT Supporter

Slider.js
    implementation within .cfm file:

4. SLED

SLED build an idiot proof device and someone else will

christ, that is an ugly script. check for "n_value" by id, see what that gives you.... does it actually post a form param to the server that you currently check?

5. brds

brds OT Supporter

I managed to attach an onMouseUp to the scroller image that calls the function (updatePercents):

Is that the correct way to increment numCheckBoxes? Because, for some reason, it's not working. If i simply set numCheckBoxes to a number it'll work, but when I try to verify the box is checked and increment numCheckBoxes on a True return, it doesn't work.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2010